some old corps photos

But look at Gerard on the podium getting into it!! YEAH!

Nancy,

Didn't Allentown cme at the end of 1st tour that year? If I remember correctly we were just starting to get our act together at that point. So a lot of stuff still wasn't quite right. Remember Altoona? And Gerard was a big part of helping pull things together. Man, he was always on top of things, always prepared.

Malibu, i think i got that one off of WinMX!

in fact, that last batch of photos all came from that site.

I know I sent some 2-7 pictures to the Lancer website......maybe that's how WinMX got it. It doesn't matter......I'm glad people are enjoying them. I have 100s more that I need to scan from over the years.

Malibu, do you know who this is?

she looks like someone i once met along time ago!

from the Crossmen 1980 photos on page 199

Yes, her name is Bonnie White and she was one of our guard captains. Very nice person and at the time was dating one of our 1st sops.....Tom Besso. I know by 1981 she had marched 7 years with Crossmen.....so, she was one of the original members. Not sure but I think she aged out in '82.

Holy Name Field Music, formed around 1914 was the predecessor of the Holy Name Fife, Drum and Bugle Corps. The groups disbanded in 1918 as many members were called to fight in World War I.

HolyName_1914.jpg

Holy Name Cadets, 1935. Members bought their own uniforms through Otswald Uniform Company for $14.75.

HolyName_1935.jpg

Holy Name Cadets march in Garfield, 1936.

HolyName_1936_Parade.jpg

By 1936, The Holy Name Corps had abandoned fifes and used only drums and bugles in competition.

HolyName_1936.jpg