some old corps photos

Might take forever but you could delete all the copies of the original photos posted in replys.  I don't want to see this get lost either.  And it's still growing as more and more pics get added.

RON HOUSLEY

Ron, I'm just going down each page and saving the original picture (not the replies) to a CD.....so far I am up to page 203......wooohooo....only 100 and 30 some left! :blink:

Cavies74.jpg

The Green Machine in 74. Average age in the corps was supposed to be 14 or 15, though they looked a lot older than I did when we lined up next to them in retreat. Chrome TDR's. Mmmmmmm.

Dang, I get cut out of another picture. I would have been the fourth tympani to the right. Yes, average age of the corps was quite low but probably a little higher than 14 or 15. I believe a lot of the guard and fair number of the hornline would have been pretty young. Drumline was probably not much different age range than most other corps of the time. A few younger guys on cymbals but most of the line in the 18-21 year range. This was my age-out year.

This is a GREAT Picture

1975 HAWTHORNE MUCHACHOS!

much75-3.jpg

Red Vistalites!!!

Great Shot!!! :blink::huh:

i'd love to help with the archiving if it means i can save some photos from being lost.....just let me know what i can do to help you "old farts" kidding....i love the old school drum corps stuff

The Sunrisers played Crown Imperial in 1982 I believe....

Yes....Sunrisers, Crown Imperial, 1982...

Tony B)

FINNISHED!!!!! I've read the whole thread....and it only took 4 days!

Up to THIS page anyways..... (OK, so I need to get a life)

This thread has GOT to be one of, if not the best, of Drum Corps history in photos!

Hoping this thread goes on....

Tony B)

Ron, I'm just going down each page and saving the original picture (not the replies) to a CD.....so far I am up to page 203......wooohooo....only 100 and 30 some left!  :blink:

Malibu, that is what i have done myself!

i can now watch them on my tv like a slide show! :P

Everyone, i am NOT going to delete any of the photos i put up!

I started this whole thread in the first place!(did not know it would turn into the monster it did! but sure am glad!)

it was just a suggestion, because it seemed that no one was looking at the first couple hundred pages anymore!

i have been reading things where people say, i never saw that corps or uniform before, or there are no pictures of this corps or that corps, or can you post a photo of this, and i go back and see them already in this thread!

thats why i thought, is no one is even looking through this whole thread anymore, just the last page or two posted!

even i go back and go through the first 100 pages or so every now and then just because this Thread ROCKS!!

and as some of you have already said, it is our History!!

plus, i put too much time into scanning all those photos i put up to delete them and still have many, many more to come!! (just have not had time lately to post them)

and, so many of you have taken the time to put up some great photos like i was hoping would happen when i started this whole thing!

i just wanted to get all your opinions about weather you still look back at photos from page 20 or page 110 or just look at the latest postings!

sounds like enough of you want to keep them all, so they will stay!! :P

that is all i wanted to know, what you wanted!!

but for those who have not looked all the way through this great thread, starting from page 1, you really need to because there is so much here and so much more to come!!

and to TennTux, thats what i like to here! :)

FINNISHED!!!!! I've read the whole thread....and it only took 4 days!

Up to THIS page anyways..... (OK, so I need to get a life)

This thread has GOT to be one of, if not the best, of Drum Corps history in photos!

Hoping this thread goes on....

Tony  B)

Red Vistalites!!!

Great Shot!!! :blink:  :huh:

To add to their mystique....the snares added a small, round rubber pad to the shell of their snare drum. They would flip the drum over and could roll and warm up "quietly" right up to the gate. It was unbelievable to see them constantly playing while every other corps had to march to the gate, Hawthorne was intimidating everyone.

Yes....Sunrisers, Crown Imperial, 1982...

Tony  B)

Thanks for answering....It was 82 then that I saw them and thought it was fabulous!