some old corps photos

Too bad the editor couldn't spell the name right...

Agree and noted. I was struggling with this when scanning the pictures but decided to show that these were program pictures, caption and all and the photos are most likely 1971. I had and have respect for these corps of the day because I was honoured to have competed at this show, given that we did not travel to the United States alot. How shall I spell honour? Simply the way I was taught. Nothing more and good eye. Thanks.

Almost all correct Greg. John Flores is second from the left in the Commodore pic next to Scott Johnson. John also marched in the Freelancers in '75 and '77 with Earl. He marched Etobicoke '76. Earl marched Freelancers in '75 and '77 and instructed the Commodores drumline in '76.

As a matter of fact Earl is the one that forwarded these Commodore pics to me.

Here's a pic of the '77 Freelancers with Earl (5th from the right) and Johnny (left end). Could somebody please make this picture look better for me?

121972556.jpg

Here's another of the 77 Freelancers snareline (I hope they don't mind me sharing one).

snareline.jpg

Edited by ravedodger

Here's another:

drumline.jpg

Edited by ravedodger

This thread is beautiful - I hereby nominate yonnenana for the Congressional Drum Corps Medal of Honor - for service above and beyond the call of duty!

I second that

Gave it a shot... still a little dark... but maybe a little more clarity:

121972556.jpg

Johnny's face is all smushed....hehehehehehe b**bs

Second photo of Heckington Show, England, 1977, Alberta All Girls. This one is from centre line and left.

First photo is a few pages back and is from the centre and right. Centre was the bells and tymps (our little pit).

The field lines are for horse racing if my memory serves me.

That's Pam conducting in the orange, good friend from California. Hi Pam, miss you.

1977EnglandHeckington2-a.jpg

Edited by lindap

Second photo of Heckington Show, England, 1977, Alberta All Girls. This one is from centre line and left.

First photo is a few pages back and is from the centre and right. Centre was the bells and tymps (our little pit).

The field lines are for horse racing if my memory serves me.

That's Pam conducting in the orange, good friend from California. Hi Pam, miss you.

1977EnglandHeckington2-a.jpg

Oh man, look at those Vistalites!!!! Sweet!!!!

Is Johnny the snare on the far left? If it is, I believe I met him at the reunion. Good guy!