some old corps photos

I have a pic of me on DCP!! Far left on the tymp. And the opposite side playing tri toms is Steve Sanke if I remember correctly...and the cymbal gals? Lisa Vosburgh was one name I remember and I heard she was in Pasadena, but never caught up with her. But there was also a sultry quiet blonde who was dating Mike DeAngelo. I think that's the only reason she was on tour. She looked like she came straight out of Playboy...

Take a look at these.

Vk-Drumline022a.jpg

79 VK Pit - I'm sorry but I only remember Mike DiAngelo and a guy named Steve

Vk-Tympanis023a.jpg

79 VK Tympani

Vk-TriToms024a.jpg

79 VK Tenors - Dane ?, Steve Sanke, ?, Steve Smith

I remember a blonde cymbal player named Jenny (who could forget her) who was dating Scott Moreno. I thought Mike's girlfriend had dark hair (?) but I could be wrong about that. I did see Lori Vosburgh this summer at DCI. I don't remember a Lisa but I could be wrong about that too.

There are some really great "walking down memory lane" pics! Not to blow my own horn, but maybe some of you could post more of pics like these (rehearsals and "look how young we were!") shots to the OMG Could We Have Been So Young thread.

Please

Puppet

Edited by Puppet

Quote name='SoundmanG' date='Dec 24 2007, 10:17 AM' post='2107310']

I have a pic of me on DCP!! Far left on the tymp. And the opposite side playing tri toms is Steve Sanke if I remember correctly...and the cymbal gals? Lisa Vosburgh was one name I remember and I heard she was in Pasadena, but never caught up with her. But there was also a sultry quiet blonde who was dating Mike DeAngelo. I think that's the only reason she was on tour. She looked like she came straight out of Playboy...

Take a look at these.

Vk-Drumline022a.jpg

79 VK Pit - I'm sorry but I only remember Mike DiAngelo and a guy named Steve

Vk-Tympanis023a.jpg

79 VK Tympani

Vk-TriToms024a.jpg

79 VK Tenors - Dane ?, Steve Sanke, ?, Steve Smith

I remember a blonde cymbal player named Jenny (who could forget her) who was dating Scott Moreno. I thought Mike's girlfriend had dark hair (?) but I could be wrong about that. I did see Lori Vosburgh this summer at DCI. I don't remember a Lisa but I could be wrong about that too.

Yeah Greg you're right. It was Lori Vosburg, not Lisa. The tymp next to me all I can remember is his nickname which was Mongo and then either Gary Garland or Gunther next to him. Of course that's David Ball scratching his head of the famous Ball clan. and the other keyboard player (Mark?) played the tymp until I came along in Denver, remember? Yeah, I think it was Jenny who I was thinking about and I remember Mike's gal now. a little on the full figured side, but a nice gal. Anybody remember when Moxley was so mad at us cleaning the closer he had us on the field past 10:00 PM and Bud came over and screamed at him that the whole town was complaining in Lyons? Remember Debbie Clift? What became of her? And who was that gal in Boise who was our local host and ended up joining the corps as a silk?

Quote name='SoundmanG' date='Dec 24 2007, 10:17 AM' post='2107310']

The 2nd tymp is Garry Gardner. Can't remember the leftmost tenor player's last name (Dane ?), but I'm pretty sure that the tenor player in between the two Steve's haled from the same school as Dane and Garry. They were part of the San Fernando Valley crew (along with Perpoli and a few others... nice commute!).

I went to a few rehearals in '80, then dropped out as so many others did. Spent the summer of '80 partying, playing frisbee, and completely forgetting about drumming and drum corps. It was a call from Dane and Garry that got me back into corps in '81 which lead to a migration up north. I owe a lot to those two!

Guys, correct me if I'm wrong, but "both" Teddy Z. and Mike D. haled from Muchachos, no? I know Ted was a snare drummer in at least '74 and '75 and he's in a few photos posted to this thread, and I believe DeAngelo was a tenor drummer, no? Can't quite remember.

Mike judged drum ex. in '84 prelims. It was cool to see him on the field judging in my last year of DC.

Greg, that blur is giving way to a light haze. :satisfied:

VK-MaSmithZ146.jpg

Hopefully, this isn't too much of a thread hi-jack... this photo is just too good to go without comment.

First, I finally have proof of a story I've told for years. I dunno how many folks I've told that my first drum instructor was the spittin' image of the "zig-zag man", but... there it is.

Second, what a great photo of Ma Smith, and what a fantastic lady!!!

As a 14 or 15 yr. old kid, you don't really realize just how amazing these folks -- volunteer parents -- are, or just how much they give of themselves.

Even with my memory a blur, I have images burned in my mind of the Ma and Pa Smiths, the Ms. Stephens, and the many others that helped me personally and every corps I ever marched. Those images pop up out'a nowhere from time to time, and I can't help but smile understanding later in life just how much they gave and just how incredible they were.

That's a special lady right there!!!

Hopefully, this isn't too much of a thread hi-jack... this photo is just too good to go without comment.

First, I finally have proof of a story I've told for years. I dunno how many folks I've told that my first drum instructor was the spittin' image of the "zig-zag man", but... there it is.

Second, what a great photo of Ma Smith, and what a fantastic lady!!!

As a 14 or 15 yr. old kid, you don't really realize just how amazing these folks -- volunteer parents -- are, or just how much they give of themselves.

Even with my memory a blur, I have images burned in my mind of the Ma and Pa Smiths, the Ms. Stephens, and the many others that helped me personally and every corps I ever marched. Those images pop up out'a nowhere from time to time, and I can't help but smile understanding later in life just how much they gave and just how incredible they were.

That's a special lady right there!!!

Hey you are absolutely right about the Smith's, Marie Stephens who yanked my stitches out of my eye, the O'Conner family, Tom Alley, Jess at the bingo hall etc.. I was so inspired by what these folks did that finally after all these years, I work bingo for my local corps, I house three kids for them free of charge and I paid all their fees last year. The greatest thing I have ever done and I encourage others to give back what ever you can. Every little bit makes a difference.

Yes, Ted amd Mike were both Muchachos. Ted never did lose that accent even when I would run into him here in Colorado in the late 80's.

It's a VK thread hijack!

Heh...

Garry in Vegas

It's a VK thread hijack!

Well, Hi, Jack!

UNTITLED-SCANNED-02.jpg

UNTITLED05.jpg

Slide69.jpg

Slide17.jpg

How is Jack anyway???

How is Jack anyway???

Not so good. he's been off for a while now. When I speak with him, it's like I don't know him.