some old corps photos

Or is he using his thumb to work a rotor that is directly below the piston?

Check out the AAG baritone in post #301 of the "so young" thread. This is the girl corps/feeder corps LH grip which gives more leverage to hold the horn up. The thumb works the trigger.

The Olds flugel was the same as the Olds mello, except for the bell. So you, JC, can try this grip on one of those PR mellos you have stashed at home.

WAY COOL!

Hi Kelley!...great avatar!!

Hi Kelley!...great avatar!!

Kingsmen in Lynn Mass 1979

LIKingsmen021979LynnMassWEB.jpg

Oops... Sorry.. I thought you were from the other side of country.... :rolleyes:

Edited by GaryTrooper

This picture freaks me out. This is 82 right? That's a flugel horn with a horizontal piston, and where's the rotor? It either doesn't have one (at least not where you would expect it to be) or it isn't being used based on where the left hand is placed. Or is he using his thumb to work a rotor that is directly below the piston?

If memory serves me right, you played the piston with the right thumb and the rotor with the left thumb depending on how you held the horn. I played one of those flugel horns.

If memory serves me right, you played the piston with the right thumb and the rotor with the left thumb depending on how you held the horn. I played one of those flugel horns.

This is correct.

Yes I took the photo... That is of Munchkin... We were bus seat partners for three years... I was doing MM after my age out year. I was in the press box for perlims. He saw me in the box with the camera up to my face and started waving. He jump and I got it... It always seemed to capture the sprit of the B-men for me all these years...

wow.Youre famous. :rolleyes:

XLIKingsmenat82finals01.jpg

Okay...I know my memory isn't what it used to be, but the Spirit girl just doesn't ring any bells.

That's Donna Castorina in the Spirit guard uni, but who's the hornline (or drumline?) chick?

And, if this is a meeting of LI Kingsmen in 1982, where are the Cahills, who were in Spirit that year?

I was wondering the same thing. Recognized Donna, wondered where are Nancy & Kelly, and who is the other girl??

It wasn't planed I think this was spur of the moment just before retreat line up.

I was a 12 year old rookie in 1978.

And I was a 15 year old rookie in 1964

Puppet.jpg

Sigh

Puppet