some old corps photos

Hey wait a minute...didn't Donna have a little sister that filled a horn hole at the end of the season...seems like her name was Sherry Castorina?

Yeah...now that I think of it...I'm sure of it. It just doesn't look like what I remembered her looking like in that pic...

Yea I think that is right... Sherry.... I know they were sisters...

Edited by GaryTrooper

XLIKingsmenat82finals01.jpg

Okay...I know my memory isn't what it used to be, but the Spirit girl just doesn't ring any bells.

That's Donna Castorina in the Spirit guard uni, but who's the hornline (or drumline?) chick?

And, if this is a meeting of LI Kingsmen in 1982, where are the Cahills, who were in Spirit that year?

Are you in touch with Nancy & Kelly? Their family was the ulitmate Corp family... Are they on DCP? Ask them to send me a message and say hello if you would. I haven't seen them in 25 years...

Edited by GaryTrooper

I also remember my hornline buddies using their left index finger to depress the rotary - they would use the rest of their left hand to hold the left side of the horn.

That is the way I played my horn back in the day. I still have it and bring it out every now and then.

Are you in touch with Nancy & Kelly? Their family was the ulitmate Corp family... Are they on DCP? Ask them to send me a message and say hello if you would. I haven't seen them in 25 years...

Back in the early part of this decade, when I was the President of the Spirit Alumni Association, I heard from Kelly every so often via email. I probably haven't seen her in 20 years or so myself. And Nancy...longer than that.

Yeah boy...that was one big drum corps family. I would offer to send a message to her for you, but in checking her profile on our Spirit forum, she hasn't logged on since Feb 2006, so it probably wouldn't do much good. However, if her email address hasn't changed in a couple of years, I should have access to her...so send me your email address and I'll try to forward it to her.

Check this one out.

1964 Really Old School Cadet Style Uniforms!

They Zipped Up The Back!

1964StJoCadets.jpg

This was their very first year on the field.

Puppet

1969 program photo, Marching Saints, Carleton Place, Ontario.

1969-carlton.jpg

OK, I had to look up the Place; it’s west of Ottawa.

I have that program - my first CDCA nationals!

Check this one out.

1964 Really Old School Cadet Style Uniforms!

They Zipped Up The Back!

1964StJoCadets.jpg

This was their very first year on the field.

Puppet

Heh! When drums had leg rests and rookie drummers got bruises on the inside of the right knee....