some old corps photos

Will you readers PLEASE stop looking at her pictures !!!!!

LOL, I don't think it's anyone else's fault but my own! :wall:

Open a 2nd account with a different user name and transfer some of the pics....that should work.

Thanks for the suggestion. I may give that a try.

Then again, they say that on the 30th, my bandwidth usage will be reset to zero. That's not that far away, so I may just wait. At that point, my photos will be reactivated.

I may still set up a separate account. A college friend of mine is sending me her drum corps photos to scan, so I may set up a separate account for those so that I can post them here.

1969 program photo, Les Metropolitans – Montreal, P.Q.

1969-metro.jpg

Same or different? Get out the magnifying glasses folks. Yup, my scans are really faded. Note the words coming through the paper from the next page. Keep in mind could be a 1968 photo...Sue, I'm trying to help you out...Now if everyone could look to their left...and on your right there's... :ph34r:

Edit: The first line of the program says 'Featuring the arrangements of such illustrious drum corps names as "Corky" Fabrizio, Ralph Shur and Gerry Shellmar.'

Ahh, The Company Front OTL! When you did it right, there are no words. When you did it badly, oh the tick parade was not pretty!

OTL1970.jp3.jpg

Do you notice however that there are virtually no pictures of really bad fronts? Like, shoot it now…no, now…wait …now, now,now! LOL

Puppet

And notice the complete lack of yard lines or hash marks. I know our drills were simple, but how did we do it again? :tongue:

And notice the complete lack of yard lines or hash marks. I know our drills were simple, but how did we do it again? :tongue:

Learning drill pre dot-books...

"Snare line - mark time for 16 and then forward until you get to around, uh, well, you see where that little patch of brown grass is? Around about there.".......

Do you notice however that there are virtually no pictures of really bad fronts? Like, shoot it now…no, now…wait …now, now,now! LOL

Puppet

No - it's because when there were still tick sheets, there were no bad fronts. :tongue:

OK - maybe that's a little optimistic....

Are you in touch with Nancy & Kelly? Their family was the ulitmate Corp family... Are they on DCP? Ask them to send me a message and say hello if you would. I haven't seen them in 25 years...

Gary;

Great to see you on here. There are still a few former LIK folks posting here. Sometimes Mike Aronson and Bryan Jenner will post.

Hope life is treating you well.

Dave Borden

1964 Sertomanaires record jacket - front

2200782370_f1ec394545_o.jpg

Thanks for sharing John. I was looking at maps online last week looking for Sarnia and realized there were alot of corps around the great lakes in various circuits. It seems to be how one could travel around the lakes with the shortest route determined where one would compete.

I found a post that mapped guards in a region under Color Guard Planet > indoor guard discussions and under the search box, type mapping. Neat post and maps part of the region nicely.

Hi Dave, kansasDC, do you have any more photos for OMG...so young? The photos you posted were wonderful. Thanks, Linda. Oh and your photos too Gary and well everyone's posts are great.

Edit: the winter guard circuit we had from 1979-1988 had guards with ages 5-21.

Edited by lindap

I was a 5 year old rookie cymbal player at my first contest in May, 1965. BUT, I turned 6 by July, so was I a 5 y/o rookie or a 6 y/o rookie? Or does it really matter? :w00t:

Wow Dave...

Ya are old..... :lol: