some old corps photos

Blue Devils (1977 maybe?)

22corpsphotos9083.jpg

Yes, I think that's right, fleabag. In the front row is Sue Dealy and Katie McLaughlin. Behind them are Linda Burbach and (I think) Donna Drury.

Blue Devils 1979

2corpsphotos9112.jpg

Tina Heilig.

Puppet,

Great pics!

You cats rocked!

I was at both shows you mention above and your show was one of my favorite ones. I will never forget it.

The colored smokebombs/teargas, the attack, the roitgear and the rifles, sirens and whistles, the arrest, that show rocked! :thumbup:

That show really pulled you into it.

Some nice formations too, the cross, the w

I also caught you at US Open 71 where you brought the house down (I was one of the many standing and going nuts)

It along with your 72 show are right up there with some of the best in my opinion. (had your 72 show on a "best of" homemade tape that I wore out playing so much)

I still listen to these shows a good bit!

Your hornlines were balanced and good, nice lower end, your drumlines were very good, the rifles outstanding.

Great corps and one of my all time favs! :thumbup:

Puppet,

After I wrote the above last night I thought about something.

One of the times that I caught your show they would not let you use your gas masks or flares/tear gas, was that US Open?

I am thinking that it was, because WO and Danny Thomas were before US Open, and I am pretty sure you used them at those shows.

And, the last time a saw your 71 show was at US Open, I think thats part of the reason I was going nuts cheering for you guys that night, you sold that show without some of the coolest effects.(and those effects were super cool and really helped set the tone for that whole part of the show)

It had to be upsetting to you all when you found out you could not use them.

Do you remember much about that whole episode?

George Zingali as Danny Boy 1972;

Zingali72.jpg

Actually, that is 1973 Whitewater prelims.

From left to right. Peter Mullen on tenor, Rick Manning on cymbals (over George's right shoulder), George, Jim Goff on tenor, Glenn "Alfie" Strickland on timp, a half photo of Lindsey Wright on cymbals

Wonderful bit of history! I played around with the photo a bit; hopefully this is better:

Zingali73.jpg

Wonderful bit of history! I played around with the photo a bit; hopefully this is better:

Zingali73.jpg

BTW, Legend. The tenor completely obscured by Zinga's big giant head, thats me. ####!, I never looked better! Oops. I think one of my socks fell down.

Was BIG Wally marching then? and was he carrying his library card?

Edited by drmr27

BTW, Legend. The tenor completely obscured by Zinga's big giant head, thats me. ####!, I never looked better! Oops. I think one of my socks fell down.

Was BIG Wally marching then? and was he carrying his library card?

LOL - why yes Drmr27, I think I see you in between those ostrich feathers. Of course, the other "Legend" that is invisible is none other than Michael "P...." Dustin.

I think BIG Wally and Giant were still wrestling on the mattresses back at LaSalette :thumbup:

Oh, geez.........I've been without a 'puter for 3 months now. I just reloaded Windows, and now I cannot see the photos on this forum. What can I do to fix that, guys? Please help!

Roma

Puppet,

After I wrote the above last night I thought about something.

One of the times that I caught your show they would not let you use your gas masks or flares/tear gas, was that US Open?

I am thinking that it was, because WO and Danny Thomas were before US Open, and I am pretty sure you used them at those shows.

And, the last time a saw your 71 show was at US Open, I think thats part of the reason I was going nuts cheering for you guys that night, you sold that show without some of the coolest effects.(and those effects were super cool and really helped set the tone for that whole part of the show)

It had to be upsetting to you all when you found out you could not use them.

Do you remember much about that whole episode?

Ahh, bad memory alert! I'll get the alum together and have an answer because I believe you could be right.

TheMan.jpg

Thank you though - that was a pretty darn hot show. And Here's gas masks.

Puppet

Ahh, bad memory alert! I'll get the alum together and have an answer because I believe you could be right.

TheMan.jpg

Puppet

What the _______???? :smile:

TheMan.jpg

Puppet

What the _______???? :smile:

Looks to me like the rifle line there had to overcome the after effects of the left over chicken macaroni and cheese leftover extravaganza of distustingness we all had to endure a few time from the food crew sometimes. I remember cranking a few sometimes that could literally wipe out the immediate snares to my left and right when I was in, and God help any unfortunate tenor drummer that might have to do a "walk through" as we marched forward sometimes... :smile: