some old corps photos

I have the KAC dvd and cd :)

Toured a little with GBV and CD of A early 70s :)

Is the color promo photo of CD of A, GBV and Meridians? I really like this thread :) wow

Yes, Linda - in that order left to right.

Just to clarify, the Meridian Woodpeckers were a local fife and drum parade corps, and of course did not compete at AIO. wonder if this was a promo shot for the AIO parade - Rabbit????

Is there an award for the most photogenic corps? Is there a SINGLE picture of the Anaheim Kingsman that doesn't look completely bad ###? I would kill for one or two pictures of my old corps to look as fierce as every single Kingsman picture ever taken. It's almost like magic or something. It's amazing.

Yes, indeed. :tongue:

To Vickie and Lee - Those rifle line photos - AK & BD gave me goosebumps...

I think if you ask most of the "oldsters" around this place, THAT is what we miss about dc, just the whole attitude.

To Vickie and Lee - Those rifle line photos - AK & BD gave me goosebumps...

I think if you ask most of the "oldsters" around this place, THAT is what we miss about dc, just the whole attitude.

I have to agree with you there, Charlie!

P.S. Nice to see you here!

Yes, Linda - in that order left to right.

Just to clarify, the Meridian Woodpeckers were a local fife and drum parade corps, and of course did not compete at AIO. wonder if this was a promo shot for the AIO parade - Rabbit????

John, this was a picture from the front page of the local newspaper "Butler Eagle". it was a promo for the entire 3 day event. The Woodpeckers, as you stated, did not compete in the show, but did a lot to help out and I am sure, shared the profits.

The CD od A wore the same style uniform, however, the horns main color was white, the percussion was green, and the guard was black. As I have said before on this website, I loved the era when you could tell who a gaurd member was with just by the uniform.( I know a lot of folks today can tell that but I am talking about someone who is not familiar with the gaurds) I especially loved it when the only difference was that the guard wore skirts and black boots, unless we are talking Scouts or Cavs. To see a corps loke CD of A with the entire corps in skirts and black boots, well..........

promo pic for the American Int. Open 1976, Butler Pa, that's Bill Lutz on keyboards who won DCI I&E a few years later on KB's.

scan0007.jpg

This is the best drum corps photo ever! Very funny.

Just curious, what do you find funny?

I am in no way trying to start anything with you, I am purely curious. Maybe since I have seen this photo for over 30 years, it is not that obvious to me.

I have to agree with you there, Charlie!

P.S. Nice to see you here!

Thanks! It is good to be here. Actually, as I think about my friends who are now gone, I feel fortunate to still be alive. I am floored it has been 30 years. I suppose I am officially historical now. lol

I miss, as they say here, "All y'all"