some old corps photos

scan0007.jpg

I don't know. Two details tell me that is a Ludwig snare. The snare strainer looks like the Ludwig Classic snare, and the rims appears to turn out - that was Ludwig's style. Slingerland's rims rolled in towards the center of the head and were easier on snare sticks with rim shots.

I think the TDR came out in 1972 - it was positively out by 1973 - but don't believe it came in 8 lug drums.

Hey, I think this is my sister! I'll send it to her and find out.

Thanks Sue!

It's BD 1984. The guard member is Lisa Heeren from the Atlanta area.

Edited by jbl

Those scores are really jumping all over the place.

Yes, wow, and that was Junior C. There was Jr A, Jr B, All-Girl (maybe), Jr D and Jr E, if I recall. Might be a case of too many corps and not enough judges. The Midlanders were from London, Ontario, Senators from Brampton, Ontario, just west of Toronto, Blue Saints, Sudbury, Lamplighters, Smiths Falls, Kiwanis Kavaliers, Kitchener (young group). I remember most of these corps.

Thanks steelcityrabbit, nice memories but now I'm getting a little homesick :(

Edit; Cadet Lancers 1975 = Optimist Cadets + Etobicoke Optimist Lancers

Edmonton Strutters wore green and gold and are actively recruiting 2008

That's all for now :)

Edited by lindap

scaddn0003.jpg

Isn't the small girl in the middle the girl from "Family Affair"? :tongue:

Not sure 'bout the middle girl but sure that this is an absolutely adorable photo :) thank you...i'll see if i can find photos of AAG jr corps...

hope you don't mind if i keep this...i'm a fan of Don Daber...the cover has Cadet Lancers, Toronto Optimists, St Johns Girls, De la Salle Oaklands and Dutch Boy Cadets :) thanks

1975-DonDaber.jpg

thaks for the JR C stuff... 75 was my second year of drum corps with the Golden Lions of Simcoe.. i'm in that picuture somewhere lol.. have to look at it closely

76 we traded first and seconds all year with HiLiters,, and in 77 we took the triple crown of Jr C in Canada..

Ontario C Circuit, Canadian Nationals, and Jr C Circuit..