some old corps photos

DCICanada0008.jpg

Troopers at DCI Canada...sorry it's blurry...maybe someone will recognize themselves?

OK! three things ... or five or something. I miss Color Pre, too. Tymp players aren't good looking, just photogenic. You don't know just how good the young women from Les Chatelaines de Laval were until you get up close and really personal. You have just exponentially upped the level of the images on this remarkable thread by umpteenth! And after years, and years of watching the Trooper rifle line, this is the first time I have ever seen them not perfectly in sync! (Like yes, they are human after all!)

I don't usually like to speak for others but on behalf of others who look to these particular pages often and those who will in the future, I thank you.

Puppet

OK! three things ... or five or something. I miss Color Pre, too. Tymp players aren't good looking, just photogenic. You don't know just how good the young women from Les Chatelaines de Laval were until you get up close and really personal. You have just exponentially upped the level of the images on this remarkable thread by umpteenth! And after years, and years of watching the Trooper rifle line, this is the first time I have ever seen them not perfectly in sync! (Like yes, they are human after all!)

I don't usually like to speak for others but on behalf of others who look to these particular pages often and those who will in the future, I thank you.

Puppet

Thanks Puppet...and I did see St. Rita's Brassmen at 1969 World Open and became an instant fan...purchased the Fleetwood recording and listened to that show an awful lot. In defence of Troopers rifle line I think the photo catches them in a sequential move with the rifles that hasn't yet reached the end of the line...

Bruce, thanks for the photos!!!!!!

Thanks Puppet...and I did see St. Rita's Brassmen at 1969 World Open and became an instant fan...purchased the Fleetwood recording and listened to that show an awful lot. In defence of Troopers rifle line I think the photo catches them in a sequential move with the rifles that hasn't yet reached the end of the line...

You know, I did think of that after I posted. Happens to me a lot.

And ah, the World Open - probably among the greatest weekends of Drum Corps of our era. I've said it before (but I'm old so I get to say it again) Danny Thomas, CYO and World Open. The best fans in the bleeping world! Well OK, the folks in Marion, Ohio were great, too! We always did pretty well at W.O. from 6th in '69 to 2nd in both '72 & '73. And proud to lose to the Kilties and the Bridgemen.

Thank you for the compliment.

Puppet

... And it sure beats having people stand in their windows pointing and laughing while you're walking around the parking lot. Cell phone cams are great when you get to be my age. I find my car almost every time, now.

Puppet

Sir, you are wise beyond your years. I hadn't thought of that idea. You are a great source of Drum Corps history. Please, write a book !

Rich

In the bottom of this photo is the famed "one armed soprano player". I was always amazed that he was able to perform horn moves and such with only one arm. A true inspiration.

Thanks for pointing that out! I had never noticed that. You are right, kudos to that individual and the organization that allowed him to competed at that level...

This is one awesome picture, or drill moment. The symetry of the drum line and colour guard kinda makes over look the blurts in the brass.

Regards,

John

I wonder if marching on a Canadian football field makes it a bit more difficult for U.S. corps...our fields are longer and wider...you can see that the back side line is brought in 5 yards...or litres or something lol...which could put you off when you are trying to hit a set with only a quick glance for reference.