some old corps photos

I wonder if marching on a Canadian football field makes it a bit more difficult for U.S. corps...our fields are longer and wider...you can see that the back side line is brought in 5 yards...or litres or something lol...which could put you off when you are trying to hit a set with only a quick glance for reference.

Its those ###### 55 yard lines. What the heck are you supposed to do with those?????? :grouphug:

Steel Drums in the pit,,,now that's a first for me!

Rivermen, 82, and Santa Clara 1983.

Slide96.jpg

SLide133.jpg

Edited by tommytimp

OK! three things ... or five or something. I miss Color Pre, too. Tymp players aren't good looking, just photogenic. You don't know just how good the young women from Les Chatelaines de Laval were until you get up close and really personal. You have just exponentially upped the level of the images on this remarkable thread by umpteenth! And after years, and years of watching the Trooper rifle line, this is the first time I have ever seen them not perfectly in sync! (Like yes, they are human after all!)

I don't usually like to speak for others but on behalf of others who look to these particular pages often and those who will in the future, I thank you.

Puppet

Interesting how the rifle positions are different on almost every other rifle member. Perhaps they were preparing for a move/sequence?

Its those ###### 55 yard lines. What the heck are you supposed to do with those?????? :grouphug:

Set up normally, then realize you're 5 yards off, turn and move en masse to the correct spot whilst listening to the local fans laugh at the stupid Americans! :peek:

Set up normally, then realize you're 5 yards off, turn and move en masse to the correct spot whilst listening to the local fans laugh at the stupid Americans! :grouphug:

Really must #### a corps off when you see everybody in the stands go get a Labatts while you're re-setting.

Puppet

Set up normally, then realize you're 5 yards off, turn and move en masse to the correct spot whilst listening to the local fans laugh at the stupid Americans! :grouphug:

Hah...except the local fans paid big money to see the big American corps doing their thing...it was a once a year experience back then for locals in southern Ontario to see the "name" corps...and so many of them...in one place. Ivor Wynn Stadium (or as we Hamilton Tiger Cat football fans call it... I Never Win Stadium...is one great stadium for drum corps and still is. Bring back DCI Canada!