some old corps photos

An awesome picture of 1982 prelims crowd.

prelimscrowd.jpg

What I find most interesting is the clarity of these photos especially those that show the audience. This photo comes very close to being an expose of an audience waiting for the show to start. If you enlarge it you can actually see the faces of the fans in the audience. Some are disinterested others are smiling. You can read the names of corps on peoples shirts. It must have been pretty warm on this day since there are many barechested.

OK one more set of CA corps pictures from 1982 and then on to the midwest for a while.

82 Freelancers

frelancers82-3.jpg

Take the time to enlare this photo. Since the focus is at the rear of the field, the clarity of the audience in the seats at the back of the field is especially clear. It reminds me of the US Open, in that I never ever saw the show from the front side in all of my years of marching. It has the feeling of voyerism because the show was never intended to be viewed from the rear so you were seeing something that you were not supposed to see. I felt right at home here sitting in the back stands, Thanks

Love those Freelancer uniforms with the flaps. The complete bomb. :cool:

Yup, I think that was their best uniform ever. They never should've strayed from that identity, IMO.

The two tenors on the left are my buds Rick Tabor and Edmund Mindiak. :tongue::cool:

I'm pretty sure Rick's last year marching was '78 and I know Edmund marched 1980, becauase I remember shaking his hand and his brother Donald's when they won the drum trophy.

Hey John hows it going buddy ?

My last year on the field was 1979 1980 and 81 i helped with the tenor line.......

Hope to see you soon

Rick

OK one more set of CA corps pictures from 1982 and then on to the midwest for a while.

82 Freelancers

frelancers82-3.jpg

Wow!! either Freelancers had some huge cymbal players, or tiny snare drummers.

Well...they DID play selections from "The Wiz" in 79..maybe these guys are the munchkin holdovers... :cool:

Well...they DID play selections from "The Wiz" in 79..maybe these guys are the munchkin holdovers... :cool:

Look who's talking...Stretch!

:tongue:

Garry in Vegas

Hey John hows it going buddy ?

My last year on the field was 1979 1980 and 81 i helped with the tenor line.......

Hope to see you soon

Hey Buff!

Rick

1982 Knights

knights82.jpg

knights82-2.jpg

knights82-3.jpg

Look who's talking...Stretch!

:cool:

Garry in Vegas

Believe it or not...there WAS someone in 84 BD shorter than me (and not a 14 year old kid). Lisa Glaeser (sp?)in the French horn line...5'2" or so.

Unfortunately, they marched next to fellow Frenchie and La Fiesta soloist, Preston Howard....who's over 6'!

VERY easy to spot Lisa in a company front....just hadda look for the plume a lot lower then the one next to it!