some old corps photos

Wow, great pics, Jim. Thanks.

Top photo: Somewhere in that flag line is Jim's brother Bob. On AF is Ken Morrall (future DM).

Middle photo: Middle tenor is me (I finally made this thread...). Walking alongside us is director Bill Poulsen (Scotty's dad).

The corps that year was a mix of vets from the great late-60s corps and newbies like me. Still a ton of talent in the horn line.

Is Camerata immediately to the right of you?

Question re: the Kilties: Why did the corps not retain the tri-color uniform for the three different sections? I really like that, especially the blue!

You like the blue - well, there's a surprise!!!! :-)

Serioulsy, I have no idea why they went away from this uniform. My guess is that it was a combination of judges' input plus $$$. This was my preference, too.

You like the blue - well, there's a surprise!!!! :-)

LOL! :worthy:

Unless you were un Basic Training....the Clark Kents were also referred to as BCGs....birth control glasses ('cause you could be a Playboy Playmate and if you wore those things, NO guy would touch you!)

I don't know Sam about the no touch playmate thing, I know an awful lot of US Marines that could look way past a pair of glasses when it comes to females. I know you Airmen have high standards, but us jarheads, I recall something about if it moves...............................

i like your smilies :-)...at guard rehearsals we'd play tunes at warmup, including YMCA, a workout tune. We rehearsed most days in 78 and 79 except Fridays when we'd go to the disco at the Plaza hotel. I used to march to the beat of a different drummer. I recall one night when Chic "Le Freak" from the C'est Chic album was played at the club and a gentleman asked me to dance. We danced the tango at the disco. He was from Argentina. "Good times".

My collegue at work has a red and white stuffed tiger in her cubicle. Her hubby gave it to her 'bout 4 years ago. It's kinda like a teddy bear and when you push the button the tiger starts singing "Wild Thing" (by The Troggs). I get up from my office chair and start dancing to the song. Kinda sorta gotta be there moment. My collegue retires next month. I'm gonna miss her.

Good to chat with you; couldn't help myself. Thanks Malibu :worthy:

AAG 1974; might be Jane left side of photo, she started on sop but I knew her as mello 77

AlbertaGirls5.jpg

lots of girls wanted to play drums, a few got it; Debbie G. is in the right of this photo 1974, saw her last month, she's cool

AlbertaGirls4.jpg

Just curious, were all the girls of AAG blonde & blue eyed? Not that there is anything wrong with that.