some old corps photos

scan0hh009-1.jpg

Thank you. I had previously posted portions of tentative drum corps schedules for the K-W area:

1975 February 16, winter guard contest sponsored by Ventures

1975 May 31 Kitchener

1975 June 14 Waterloo

1975 July 20 Kitchener

1975 August 21 Kitchener

1975 August 23 London, Ontario Cambridge

1975 August 30 Waterloo (Nationals)

The retreat photos and the program may be of the same contest based on my memory and research of the corps’ uniforms. I could be wrong but the people on the sidelines seem to be wearing red jackets similar to De La Salle Oaklands’ corps jackets. K-W region was a busy place in 1975. Thanks again.

dc1001_2.jpg

far right hand side is my old corps,,, Golden Lions from Simcoe,,, DM being dressed in a black tunic and skirt with purple sash ..

I can also see (notice the dark blue and white) Durham Girls..,, All black with silver helmets would be Brampton Senators..

About the 3rd one in from the right,, blue tunics and blue pants with white shakos,, Ambassadors..

that's a bout all my old eys can make out ...

If you see all white corps,, with darker sash,,, that'd be London Midlanders.

black aussies, white shirt and black shorts,,, Kiwanis Kavaliers,,,

St Andrews from Cambridge have a kilt like sash, and if I remember, white shirts..

Cadet Lancers were green and black,, Leamington Townsmen were quite unique in the uniform,, and the Ottawa group I can't remember seeing. I was in that show, but remember very little of it,,, I won't go into why... ;)

Edited by DoctorNik

I will assume this is a quartet solo. If so, the sops especially look very young. Anyone have more info? Thanks.

That was a quartet and the reason the sops look so young is that they're both female! That's Lucy Chilco on the left, who went on to march with Blue Devils and taught Ventures in the mid-late 80's. Brian Menard was the contra. he marched with SCV in '80 and '81.

2 more for now :-) 1973 Nationals Program, Bluewater Lionaires, Sarnia Ontario, photo courtesy of Eric McConachie

Program notes; “…succeeded the All Girl Lionettes Drum and Bugle Corps in 1973…for 1973 they are playing ‘Music to Watch Girls By’, ‘Sealed with a Kiss’, ‘Proud Mary’, ‘The Letter’, ‘Sonny’, ‘The Look of Love’, ‘Superstar’, ‘Maple Leaf Forever’, ‘Wade in the Water’…”

73-bluewater.jpg

1973 Nationals Program, Cardinals, Scarborough Ontario, photo courtesy of Eric McConachie

Program notes; “…4th year of operation and second year in Junior B…their music consist of ‘School’s Out’, ‘Space Odyssey 2001’, ‘Sunny Days’, ‘Apache’ (by the Shadows), ‘Garry Owen’, ‘Shenandoah’…”

73-cardinals.jpg

2 more for now :-) 1973 Nationals Program, Bluewater Lionaires, Sarnia Ontario, photo courtesy of Eric McConachie

Program notes; “…succeeded the All Girl Lionettes Drum and Bugle Corps in 1973…for 1973 they are playing ‘Music to Watch Girls By’, ‘Sealed with a Kiss’, ‘Proud Mary’, ‘The Letter’, ‘Sonny’, ‘The Look of Love’, ‘Superstar’, ‘Maple Leaf Forever’, ‘Wade in the Water’…”

73-bluewater.jpg

and became the Bluewater Buccaneers the next year. I'm in that mess somewhere. Worst uniforms ever, after Oaklands 80. Good hornline though; beat Del at Canadian Nationals.

Regards,

John

82bridgemen-3.jpg

What a great drum corps, what a great show!

Wish more corps entertained like this nowadays.

Sorry......... but I just had to say OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSsssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!

Edited by jmackay