some old corps photos

oh,,, 84bsop,,, the one tri tom player far right,, is Mike Keddy,,, he marched BD snare a few years later,,, I think,, maybe 81 or 82??

1978 North Star

78northstar.JPG

Royal Crusaders

78finleyville.JPG

78finleyville2.JPG

1978 North Star

78northstar.JPG

When I saw this photo, my first thought was Inspector Gadget!

I first saw North Star in 1978. I enjoyed their prelims and finals performance in 1979. My words are fresh, sincere, entertaining and from what I've read, their drum line did well that year.

i think, read and do more than i speak...they were good in 1979, kudos to this corps.

Fleabag-

Please educate me here because I am probably wrong. I thought the Des Plaines Vanguard were previously the Chicago Vanguard. I also thought the Skokie Vanguard was an all together different corps. However, from viewing your photos, the bass drum says Skokie and, while not in color, the uniforms look like they could be red and black. Can you, or anyone else, clear this up for me? Thanks!

And the barbershop quartet that Verbal Kint hung out with, were from there too :tongue:

77%20Nationals%20Prelims%20img893a(3).jpg

Simcoe Golden Lions 1977 Canadian Nationals, Prelims..

Proposed to my wife overlooking Niagara Falls having spent the night before in Simcoe. Went to Port Dover en-route. The back to East York to stay with family. Part of a 3 week visit to lots of family in Ontario.

Never saw a single drum corps though... :tongue:

coltcbs83.jpg

The Colts contraline, '83.