some old corps photos

1976 blue side of the program, Seneca Optimists. When I unfold the 2 sided cardboard program, one side is blue, the other side is a poster sized collage of black and white photos; hard to scan :-)

76-4-optis.jpg

Isn't that Todd Thacker next to you, and Zeke behind?

you know i think you might be right. maybe after 30+ years i am confusing jim and i standing together at the end and not at the beginning.

and i think that is diz diniz.

boy it has been a LONG time

Edited by homebilly

Your welcome Sue.

Thanks so much for posting this! I believe this is yet another one of those cases where the photo was in the '79 program, but it's from the '78 season.

Sorry Robert there is no photo of the Golden Knights in the 79 US Open Program. In case you haven't seen it here is one I posted back in 07.

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/inde...amp;pid=2094129

Oooh '79 US open! I don't suppose there's a picture of the Golden Knights of Southgate, Kentucky? Would love to see it.

Robert

Ontario was huge! We used to travel over the border for more shows there than we did in NY. In 1976 we competed against Seneca Optimists, Oakland Crusaders, Precious Blood Cardinals, Flying Dutchmen, Krescendos, Ventures, St. John's Girls, Midlanders, Opti-Lancers, Opti_Knights, etc. It was great!

Wow, you're right. There were so many great corps! Now I see why they wrote on the chalk board DCI after erasing DCN when forming DCI.... It should have been bolded out!!! Whew what a sentence... :tongue:

P.S. I definitely understand what you mean about the nerves. I was the same way . . . though it wasn't as bad for me in corps as it was performing music solos in high school and university. That's when I wished a big hole would open in up the floor and swallow me up, thus rescuing me from the stress. Never happened, of course! The only times I was nervous to that level in corps was when-minute changes were made to the show right before we had to perform. I had a pretty good idea that I would never remember them all . . . and I was usually right! I always dreaded that, and cursed my poor memory!

I know Sue, right? Loved those changes we would learn while marching in to perform..!!! :tongue::w00t::tongue:

No quotes around byline in the above post....so sorry...