some old corps photos

1976 Maple City Cadets

1976mcc.jpg

Their uniforms look a lot like the Norwood Park Imperials uniforms.

Sky Writers. Guard down front, on the ground, rifles up. Shocking, I know.

Slide43.jpg

Come on Tommytimp, you gotta explain it better than that. There are youngins who don't know anything about Skyryders rifle line.

What they actually are doing in this picture is throwing a quad or some such, out in front of themselves, then they do a forward roll and end up in the position you see in the picture whereby they catch the aforementioned forwardly thrown quinta hexa, however many revolution toss they were doing. Any questions? Don't ask me cause I don't know how they had the balls to pull off that stunt.....VERY crowd pleasing rifle line.

Edited by Russellrks

stpats.jpg

St. Patrick's Imperials

That looks like the Eau Claire Sundowners to me. St. Patrick Imperials were green, weren't they? In 73, when St. Patricks and the Thunderbolts merged into 'The Thing' and wore both corps' uniforms, I am pretty sure the Imperials uniforms were green jackets with kilts.

jim

Oakies at 1979 DCI Individuals (Mike Douglas, Carl Williams, Dickson Harkness, Steve Turner):

Oakies-1979_Individuals_Quartet-MikeDouglas_CarlWilliams_Dix.jpg

Wow.Small world.I marched with Dickson Harkness in Bayonne. :devil:

bc81.jpg

Bluecoats 1981

That looks like the Eau Claire Sundowners to me. St. Patrick Imperials were green, weren't they? In 73, when St. Patricks and the Thunderbolts merged into 'The Thing' and wore both corps' uniforms, I am pretty sure the Imperials uniforms were green jackets with kilts.

jim

The Imperials might have had a kilted player or two on the field ala 27th, but it was never a part of the corps proper uniform.

Sky Writers. Guard down front, on the ground, rifles up. Shocking, I know.

Slide43.jpg

BD 1983.

Slide42.jpg

Slide40.jpg

And 81.

Slide39.jpg

Early 80's BD color guard, best CG uniforms....ever....IMO. And the chicks that filled them out....KILLER!!!

That looks like the Eau Claire Sundowners to me. St. Patrick Imperials were green, weren't they?

jim

I just went through a collection of old color photos I have of Midwestern corps, and that uniform DOES look exactly like the early 1970s Eau Claire Sundowners. It's hard to discern the color (in the posted photo). If they are blue, then it would probably be the Sundowners. The photo does have a green tinge to it, but then all the Kodak color film in the 1967-1973 years was faulty, and photos often had a yellow or green tinge to them.

Edited by Northern Thunder