some old corps photos

Ithaca looks right. I remember the rolling hills/mountains in the background. I can't tell who the corps would be, but looking at the uniform, my first thought was Rockland Defenders.

Edited by byline

Any guesses? Could this be Ithica? I see a TV camera in the foregound. Would think this early or mid 70's.

IMG-13-1.jpg

My guess is 1974 Toronto Optimists. Looks like Mike on the green podium. Nice photo. Thanks :-)

Glassmen 1975 - likely Key to the Sea at Rogers High School

IMG_0003-11.jpg

Nope...that's WAITE HS Stadium 1974

My guess is 1974 Toronto Optimists. Looks like Mike on the green podium. Nice photo. Thanks :-)

I agree Linda it sure looks like the Toronto Optimists.

I agree Linda it sure looks like the Toronto Optimists.

Thanks Wendy. At first I thought Cavaliers until I saw the guard. Optimists had a lady flag line in 72. Donna and Janet went from Seneca to Optimists that year. By 73 they were on rifle again. I remember rehearsals during the winter in the 70's; every week someone new joined; we had up to 40 guard. I'll post a photo with short boots. We talked about short boots the other day...add lamb's wool to the inside of the cuff and voila, comfort;-)

spiritof76-1.jpg

Spirit of 76 of Racine and Chicago

It's time for everyone to go dig through their closets and attics and ask all of your friends and family members if they have any drum corps photos. Check your local newspaper archives too. I hope to be posting some new old photos here in the next weeks.

Please! Please make the effort!

Edited by baja