some old corps photos

Yup....that's Beddis! The guy on the other side of Lee marched snare from 87-92! He started playing in the snare line when he was 16...yikes! The guy on the other side of me marched snare in 87 and 90...two rings, two drum trophies! The fuuny thing is....as good as the 90 line was, the 89 line was light years better on every front. Sometimes I feel like the trophy in 90 was a consolation prize for not winning drums in 89! (Not knocking 90...it's just that the 89 line never lost drums once until quarterfinals...we were on at 8:30 in the morning after the Ventures! Strange draw that year.)

Not necessarily "historical", but some historic figures in this pic! From left to right, Glen Crosby of SCV/BD/Academy fame, Gail Crosby, me (Matt Power), Michelle Sapadin, Pete Sapadin (VK, BD, and Cadets fame), and Randy May, designer of percussion carriers for Yamaha and Pearl! We were eating at a KILLER restaurant in SoCal called Shin-Sen-Gumi. We were at the NAMM show a few years back. If you get to the Fountain Valley area, you've GOTTA eat there. Best Japanese yakitori-style food on the planet!

7918_1221901023439_1106360033_682347_8185896_n.jpg

Not necessarily "historical", but some historic figures in this pic! From left to right, Glen Crosby of SCV/BD/Academy fame, Gail Crosby, me (Matt Power), Michelle Sapadin, Pete Sapadin (VK, BD, and Cadets fame), and Randy May, designer of percussion carriers for Yamaha and Pearl! We were eating at a KILLER restaurant in SoCal called Shin-Sen-Gumi. We were at the NAMM show a few years back. If you get to the Fountain Valley area, you've GOTTA eat there. Best Japanese yakitori-style food on the planet!

7918_1221901023439_1106360033_682347_8185896_n.jpg

Man....I miss Crosby's long flowing locks from the 80s!

Closing set of Candide at finals...BTW, we were RUNNING to get into that set...check out the intervals!

5896_1138702439857_1596284707_30363198_6145467_n.jpg

I love this photo! Look at how the shadows line up! :worthy:

Here's one of me teching the 92 Bluecoats snare line:n678296500_1781814_8549.jpg

We don't know each other, Matt. But I can see the anger coming from these guys in this picture! :ph34r::thumbup: