some old corps photos

Here's a pic of the 89 drumline coming off the field in Philadelphia (before they tore it down).

n1105103290_106334_5575.jpg

Isn't that Franklin Field? Not torn down...I can see it from my window.

• Like 1

In honor of pg 1975...

'75 SCV Flagline

75SCVFlagline2.jpg

Yup! Scott Clark marched in several Canadian corps, including Dutch Boy, before he started marching with Garfield in 87. One of the best left hands in DCI, period. The guy was a monster player, and virtually NEVER ticked. Completely consistent, and a great guy, as well!

Yup! Scott Clark marched in several Canadian corps, including Dutch Boy, before he started marching with Garfield in 87. One of the best left hands in DCI, period. The guy was a monster player, and virtually NEVER ticked. Completely consistent, and a great guy, as well!

Yeah; beautiful technique, and clean as a whistle. He was already a good player in Dutch Boy's snare line when he was a 14 year-old kid.

regards,

Fred O.

Once again, in honor of the 1975 page, may I present what many people feel (myself included) is the greatest snareline of the DCI era. There is a copy I'll post of the 1975 World Open finals drum sheet showing 1 tic (tenor). Simply the cleanest and most musical line ever put on the field.

SCVSnareline1975.jpg

SCV1975.jpg

Bottom Picture:(L-R)

1. Thomas Brown
  2. Dale Lofgren
  3. Curt Moore
  4. Steve Chorazy
  5. Paul Seibert
  6. Darryl Cox
  7. Rob Carson
  8. Not Pictured: Allan Kristensen

Once again, in honor of the 1975 page, may I present what many people feel (myself included) is the greatest snareline of the DCI era. There is a copy I'll post of the 1975 World Open finals drum sheet showing 1 tic (tenor). Simply the cleanest and most musical line ever put on the field.

SCVSnareline1975.jpg

SCV1975.jpg

Bottom Picture:(L-R)

1. Thomas Brown
  2. Dale Lofgren
  3. Curt Moore
  4. Steve Chorazy
  5. Paul Seibert
  6. Darryl Cox
  7. Rob Carson
  8. Not Pictured: Allan Kristensen

Actually #6 is Allan Kristensen. Darryl Cox is the one not pictured.

You're right Russell.. That will teach me to post in a hurry late night when I'm half asleep.. I just didn't want to miss the 1975 page and end up on '76..

To make up for it, he's a current pic of 4 of the true SCV Ancients:

RightHandAgain.jpg

Dale Lofgren, Curt Moore, Allan Kristensen and Kurt Peterson. Look at those sticks.. 35 years later, and without even thinking about it, the angles are nearly perfect.. simply amazing.

I can only imagine the things that Kurt Peterson experienced during his time in SCV. If I'm not mistaken he said he was also in the original Sparks, and aged out in '74, so he was there from the beginning, all the way up through YPG. What an amazing musical body of work to have been a part of as a teen growing into a young adult. All of them were blessed to be a part of the genesis of what dc is today.

Edited by GregW