some old corps photos

1983, y'all!

Us'n, with commentary from my cat.

lolcat149297.jpg

SCV.

Slide108.jpg

Garfield. Rocky Point Holiday.

Slide112.jpg

My family's acumen at getting seats gets better with the passing years, yes? Great year to be that close to the 50.

Lazy Clips, with one of the first sophisticated pit setups.

Slide113.jpg

Skajerk's boyz, Valley Fever:

Slide124.jpg

Edited by tommytimp

Yeah. Guys, remind me to explain the concept of "sarcasm" to you later.

Much later.

Hey....sarcasm....and you're also being sarcastic about sarcasm. Now I get it!

:doh:

Scan010.jpg

Not sure. Can anyone identify?

Scan009.jpg

Again, not sure. I think this might be Oak Cru? LindaP can you help?

It is absolutely the Saginaires early 80's. Same tops we wore in 79 my ageout year.

Thanks for posting it.

More 1983.

Sky Ryders. Not one of the more sophisticated early pit setups.

Untitled-Scanned-110.jpg

Madison. Starting line.

Untitled-Scanned-137.jpg

27. The Spamalot medley I think.

Untitled-Scanned-127.jpg

Teufels Blaues.

Untitled-Scanned-40.jpg

Actually, most corps didn't really have the pit thing down in 1983. Garfield, Les Eclipses and Xmen are three corps that had a handle on something besides just a keyboard line and a timp player. That was my point. (Plus I didn't like Sky that year and wanted to rag them a little.)

Actually, most corps didn't really have the pit thing down in 1983. Garfield, Les Eclipses and Xmen are three corps that had a handle on something besides just a keyboard line and a timp player. That was my point. (Plus I didn't like Sky that year and wanted to rag them a little.)

I'll backtrack and look at the pit closely for historical reasons. btw, my kids sometimes say, "Are you being sarcastic Mom?" "Yes;" I say. "Better than your puns". Meh. Sometimes punny is funny. In keeping with posting a photo when I reply, 1982 program, Defenders. AAG is having their 41st reunion this year. Search 'Alberta All Girls Drum and Bugle Band', hope more are online otherwise gotta go snail mail. We were going to have a reunion in 2010 but we went to Indy instead. Cool!

1982-defenders-a.jpg

Actually, most corps didn't really have the pit thing down in 1983. Garfield, Les Eclipses and Xmen are three corps that had a handle on something besides just a keyboard line and a timp player.

Garfield's pit in the early '80s:

Scan001-1.jpg

Great corps, but not really a very sophisticated pit setup. The times have certainly changed!

That's 1981, and the "pit" didn't exist yet. But some corps were starting to ground their players just like that. Spirit had a timp player and two concert keyboards, for instance.

Untitled-Scanned-46.jpg