some old corps photos

WOW! Those are some bad A uniforms!!!

Yup, quite similar to the Belleville Black Knights uniform. I love 'em both!

L-R: Bob Constantine, Steve Groh, Billy Morrill

Hey Billy,

I'm pretty sure that middle bass drummer is Tommy Murphy, Ann Murphy's brother and not my buddy, Steve Groh :)

Hey Billy,

I'm pretty sure that middle bass drummer is Tommy Murphy, Ann Murphy's brother and not my buddy, Steve Groh :)

I think we should all go find Steve Groh and beat the $#!^ out of him.

I think we should all go find Steve Groh and beat the $#!^ out of him.

or at least put a tilt in his Kilt :huh2:

Hey Billy,

Sorry brother John - Helen Cassie confirms the middle stooge as Steve :)

1982 rolls on. Capitolaires:

Slide10.jpg

Pioneer Container:

Untitled-Scanned-57.jpg

Scouts. Ice Castles. Loudness.

Untitled-Scanned-80.jpg

Phantom. They should do Spartacus again. It might really work out well for them.

Untitled-Scanned-79.jpg

Alliance of Greater WEIRD:

Untitled-Scanned-34.jpg

Phantom Cadets, Hanson Park Stadium, Chicago. In the back stands are the joliet Kingsmen after doing the first show in the history of the corps.

Untitled-Scanned-27.jpg

My brothers and me, doing (badly) the Spirit of Atlanta three-man salute.

Untitled-Scanned-55.jpg

You thought we (Alliance) were wierd?....how so?

The "Snow White In Outer Space" guard uniforms, mainly. The show itself wasn't weird. The drill was Zingali-experimental, so it was a little weird, but mainly the guard uniforms and the huge buildup to the less-than-phenomenal trampoline stuff at the end. That was a great show that afternoon, though. And one of my fave things from that very long, very hot day was Zingali screaming like a maniac for you guys.

The "Snow White In Outer Space" guard uniforms, mainly. The show itself wasn't weird. The drill was Zingali-experimental, so it was a little weird, but mainly the guard uniforms and the huge buildup to the less-than-phenomenal trampoline stuff at the end. That was a great show that afternoon, though. And one of my fave things from that very long, very hot day was Zingali screaming like a maniac for you guys.

Gotta agree about the guard uni's...for the time it was out there. It was quite an experience having Zingali as a drill instructor. Even as a snare drummer, he had us crabbing and moving all over the place. We lost one of our rifles for the season with those trampolines..I mean seriously....who practices trampoline on a hard topped parking lot? We were practicing at the Fargo Building Parking lot in South Boston at the time when she hit the trampoline and landed badly...broke her leg...talk about taking one for the team! I always though the vein in Zingali's head would explode at any given time when he started screaming...such passion.

Edited by srsadersnare

Yup, quite similar to the Belleville Black Knights uniform. I love 'em both!

This may be 1977 at the end of the parade. The crowd looks like they're dispersing. 1st Canadian Regiment colour guard. btw some of the members still spin in an all age guard :)

2011_04_18_15_40_480001.jpg

1978 Klondike Days parade, lots of drum corps, bands, pipers, floats, cars/trucks, horses, cheerleaders and dancers (i got 12 photos, same parade and no place to post them ;) People were sitting on the roof across the street. Oh my!

2011_04_18_15_39_250001.jpg

Sorry brother John - Helen Cassie confirms the middle stooge as Steve :)

My Bad....I don't even know who my friends are anymore :)