some old corps photos

This may be 1977 at the end of the parade. The crowd looks like they're dispersing. 1st Canadian Regiment colour guard. btw some of the members still spin in an all age guard :)

2011_04_18_15_40_480001.jpg

I marched in 1st Canadian Regiment in 1982 and I am sure that is the exact same banner we had the year I marched. I wonder what the average lifespan of a parade banner is....

• 2 weeks later...

Hi legolaus. Maybe it's made of waterproof vinyl? Kudos to the 2 kids carrying the banner and very cool you marched 1st Canadian Regiment. If you don't mind, I'm gonna sneak in 1 more K-Days parade photo from 78. Did you do the 4 corners lunch time performances when you marched?

2011_04_18_15_39_540001.jpg

In 1966, Bob and Pat, he a promoter, she a music teacher, founded Edmonton All Girls. They wore gold and white. During the summer of 1969, there were philosophical differences between the founders and executive, so Bob and Pat started a new organization February 1970. A quote from our history book 'In the fall of 1970, Bob and Pat had four marching bands in the Edmonton area, all with over 100 member and all touring the province. The four bands included the Alberta All Girls Senior (14-21), the Alberta All Girls Junior Band (10-14), the Alberta All Boys (11-21) and the Hobbema Girls Marching Band. A convoy of 24 vehicles was needed to take the four groups to the Kelowna Regatta that year!'

Then there were 2 in 72. They transitioned to drum corps. By 1974, the 2 drums corps, Alberta All Girls A and Alberta All Girls B had 125 members each. 535 girls auditioned for the 1975 corps. I found this postcard on the net of Edmonton All Girls possibly during the 1968 K-Days parade. The bandmaster is Bob. His tunic was the future uniform inspiration for the Alberta All Girls, white boots, white tunic with orange trim and white busby shako. The guard often wore an orange tunic with white trim. Edmonton All Girls at K-Days parade (possibly 1968 on Jasper Avenue)

70-aag-web-kdays.jpg

1973 Alberta All Girls A in Ipswich England. Our sister city, Enfield England, were our hosts. The tour included Edinburgh Festival, Rose of Tralee Festival, plus performances in Germany and the Netherlands. btw AAG is having a reunion July 29-30 2011. The committee asked me to add more text to my photos and contact former instructors. It's not an easy job :smile: I do what I can. If you're a former member, staff or volunteer of 'Alberta All Girls Drum and Bugle Band', search Facebook, look for the orange and white invitation on the wall, photos or events and contact Colleen. The April 30th deadline has been extended to mid-July. It's a go and it's gonna be fun!

77-uk3.jpg

Argonne Rebels!

Argonne-6.jpg

Wow, Looks alot like Cadets!!!

• Like 1

29726_1469321020191_1448572209_31206875_7874702_n.jpg

Must be a St. Patrick's Day parade.....

How many readers recognize a hirsute RB?

Wearing a StPats Imperials kilt and plait, and with a Harry Lauder walking stick.

Headgear is pre Greek fisherman cap era.

29726_1469321020191_1448572209_31206875_7874702_n.jpg

I think that is Glen Moralez leaning back behind Roman. He went on to perform with the Scouts in the pit for many years. Great photo. I can't believe that Roman would take the corps down to New Orleans for Mardi Gras on a regular basis. Very cool,

Hi legolaus. Maybe it's made of waterproof vinyl? Kudos to the 2 kids carrying the banner and very cool you marched 1st Canadian Regiment. If you don't mind, I'm gonna sneak in 1 more K-Days parade photo from 78. Did you do the 4 corners lunch time performances when you marched?

2011_04_18_15_39_540001.jpg

Oh yes, I still wake up with night sweats dreaming about 4 corners. Good times!