some old corps photos

You forgot the ultimate one....Eddie Jaques' marching chimes rig in 27th....NOTHING tops that beast!

Ask and ye shall receive.....

10_13_2006_chime_cage.jpg

1987 Argonauts!24150_109919099023980_100000176723195_261215_7307642_n.jpg

Back row, second from the right is me.

OK.....I'll say it: looks like the Madison Scouts guard and the Rivermen had a baby.

Ask and ye shall receive.....

10_13_2006_chime_cage.jpg

Tom Cole from Rockland Defenders in 1978.

78tomcolelg.jpg

That's just insane. To think that Musser actually made that rig. He looks like an Apollo astronaut.

ETA: Now that I look at it, Musser prolly didn't make the rig, just the chimes. But I still think the rig is insane. JUST GROUND THEM ALREADY.

Edited by tommytimp

Tom Cole from Rockland Defenders in 1978.

78tomcolelg.jpg

Oh man...are there any other pics of this rig? It'd be interesting to compare the designs. Eddie said on this board that he built his rig himself.

Tom's setup looks like it's entirely supported on his shoulders with no counterweight on the back side like on Eddie's....could NOT have been fun to carry.

Mucho props to those 2 studs, and anyone else who had to carry a beast like that! :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

To be fair, they were able to use the same rig when they did his spinal re-alignment surgery.

Just noticed who the photographer is. Saw Eric a couple weekends ago at the Simcoe, Ontario show. If Optimist Alumni are around you'll usually see Eric nearby taking pictures.

Regards,

John

Eric took wonderful photos then and now. The newspaper photo includes Jean Leblanc. He played magnificently. I'm glad I was at that I&E as was Eric. It was outstanding!