some old corps photos

That's a HELL of a lot better look than the ones from 85!!

While I definitely agree, it's nowhere near the classic look of 83.

While I definitely agree, it's nowhere near the classic look of 83.

Agreed. But that 85 corps was good.

Edited by tommytimp

Agreed. But that 85 corps was good.

This is gonna sound like a whine....

Dude, so was 83. We got shafted by DCI because we refused to march a 109 degree day (parade) in these new uniforms. Instead we went in corps t-shirts and pants. The DCI officials at the parade came up to us after and told us "You will never win another show this year". Until he said that, we were undefeated in 83.

We didn't win another show until after finals that year. And that was in Casper.

Snares83.jpg

Trying to remember the image code... anyway... Argos 1983 snare line.

Real Nice Look! :thumbup:

Snares83.jpg

Trying to remember the image code... anyway... Argos 1983 snare line.

I gotta agree with Tommy about the quality of the '85 Argos but (and forgive me but I was a mere Mello player so what do I know?!) what's up with the sticks? I never noticed - and admittedly I never really paid much attention to stick handling and all that - that many drum lines starting banging their drums with that hammer grip in both hands instead of traditional. Don't get me wrong it's kinda cool looking but wrong somehow.

Uncomfortable, too. :blink:

Puppet

I gotta agree with Tommy about the quality of the '85 Argos but (and forgive me but I was a mere Mello player so what do I know?!) what's up with the sticks? I never noticed - and admittedly I never really paid much attention to stick handling and all that - that many drum lines starting banging their drums with that hammer grip in both hands instead of traditional. Don't get me wrong it's kinda cool looking but wrong somehow.

Uncomfortable, too. :blink:

Puppet

It's called matched grip. Nice to see you again my Nemesis :smile: I respect traditional but the kids wanted more to explore. So they did. Welcome back Puppet. I missed you! sincerely lindap