some old corps photos

It's called matched grip. Nice to see you again my Nemesis :smile: I respect traditional but the kids wanted more to explore. So they did. Welcome back Puppet. I missed you! sincerely lindap

Thank you. I totally understand about the look and it probably made a big sound difference, too. I remember when our baritone line got the new Olds Euphoniums and they were so big and heavy they had to develop and new way to hold them - very uncomfortable to look at but all the guys played them with ease. Remember, our corps was all about innovation. Glad to be able to share again. and thanks again. "Nemesis?!" AHhhh, you shouldn't have :blush:

Puppet

Thank you. I totally understand about the look and it probably made a big sound difference, too. I remember when our baritone line got the new Olds Euphoniums and they were so big and heavy they had to develop and new way to hold them - very uncomfortable to look at but all the guys played them with ease. Remember, our corps was all about innovation. Glad to be able to share again. and thanks again. "Nemesis?!" AHhhh, you shouldn't have :blush:

Puppet

My apologies to you Puppet. As a child, I spoke 4 languages and as I age, I sometimes say an obscure word completely out of context. I'll often forget yesterday but remember a moment in time 40 years ago, a flashback moment. My 1969 contest program, dated September 6 1969, lists 9 all girl corps in prelims, many of whom had not competed together all year until that day. I&E was held in March 1970 in which Les Laurentiennes de Montréal-Nord won many awards in their class. Their baritone line was expressive.

My scrapbook has a flyer glued to a page. On it, I wrote 'I got this advertisement from a girl in Châtelaines while in Ottawa for a guard contest'. The flyer says on April 19 1970, Radio 1280 CJMS presents Championnat International, at Arena Centre Sauvé ...en competition

Les St-Joseph Batonia, NY

Les Cadets LaSalle, Ottawa

Les Châtelaines de Laval

Les Compagnons d'Embrun

Les Laurentiennes de Montréal-Nord

en exhibition Les Nouveaux Vicomtes

Les Laurentiennes de Montréal-Nord, Centre Paul Sauvé en 1969, courtesy of FDCQ website

71-les-laurentiennes.jpg

My apologies to you Puppet. As a child, I spoke 4 languages and as I age, I sometimes say an obscure word completely out of context. I'll often forget yesterday but remember a moment in time 40 years ago, a flashback moment. My 1969 contest program, dated September 6 1969, lists 9 all girl corps in prelims, many of whom had not competed together all year until that day. I&E was held in March 1970 in which Les Laurentiennes de Montréal-Nord won many awards in their class. Their baritone line was expressive.

My scrapbook has a flyer glued to a page. On it, I wrote 'I got this advertisement from a girl in Châtelaines while in Ottawa for a guard contest'. The flyer says on April 19 1970, Radio 1280 CJMS presents Championnat International, at Arena Centre Sauvé ...en competition

Les St-Joseph Batonia, NY

Les Cadets LaSalle, Ottawa

Les Châtelaines de Laval

Les Compagnons d'Embrun

Les Laurentiennes de Montréal-Nord

en exhibition Les Nouveaux Vicomtes

Les Laurentiennes de Montréal-Nord, Centre Paul Sauvé en 1969, courtesy of FDCQ website

71-les-laurentiennes.jpg

Vos excuses sont acceptées mon compatriote de DCP. Je pourrais ajouter que bien que nous ayons eu les cravates étroites avec la rue Ignatius, j'ai toujours eu une tache chaude à mon coeur pour ce que j'ai toujours pensé à en tant que femmes les plus belles de Les Châtelaines de Laval. Mais j'étais jeune et impressionnable. :innocent: Maintenant que j'ai un nouvel ordinateur, j'essayerai de signaler plus de projectiles dans ce fil merveilleusement historique. Un pain grillé à nos mémoires! :guinesssmilie:

Vos excuses sont acceptées mon compatriote de DCP. Je pourrais ajouter que bien que nous ayons eu les cravates étroites avec la rue Ignatius, j'ai toujours eu une tache chaude à mon coeur pour ce que j'ai toujours pensé à en tant que femmes les plus belles de Les Châtelaines de Laval. Mais j'étais jeune et impressionnable. Maintenant que j'ai un nouvel ordinateur, j'essayerai de signaler plus de projectiles dans ce fil merveilleusement historique. Un pain grillé à nos mémoires!

Translation:

Mmmmm, lookit them legs !!!!!

Translation:

Mmmmm, lookit them legs !!!!!

Also: Is there any better reason to learn French when you're 16 years old?

chtelaines463ua2.jpg

I ask you?

Puppet

Also: Is there any better reason to learn French when you're 16 years old?

chtelaines463ua2.jpg

I ask you?

Puppet

Non.

Is that Buffalo Bill Ron Restorff far left?

Second from the left - Jim Kane. I marched with his wife Mary-Anne in St. John's (72-76) and again in 78 with Seneca Optimists.

Kelly

• 2 weeks later...