some old corps photos

Manning Bowl in Lynn MA. Greatest drum corps stadium ever. And it's gone. Replaced by a failed minor league baseball team's astroturf field. :(

Pssssst...the picture says US Open, not World Open. This would be in Marion, OH.

Garry in Vegas

Pssssst...the picture says US Open, not World Open. This would be in Marion, OH.

Garry in Vegas

If you look closely at the photo, it has World Open 1972 written at the upper left part of it.

The 1972 U.S. Open Champion label appears on the photo simply for corps publicity, since it was the biggest contest won

by the Vagabonds that year.

Edited by Northern Thunder

Flint Guardsmen from the Russ Jones Archives.

HornsParadeJoelMatafromtheRussJonesArchives.jpg

Thanks for posting this great color photo of the Fint Guardsmen who used to kick our butt every show!

Having a color shot of this corps from the 70's is great and also kind of bad.

No offense but the #### brown and the uknowwhat yellow probably was cool in the day but you don't see much of that color palet anymore. :tongue:

Edited by baja

Garry in Vegas

Actually, I was looking at the stadium itself, especially those light towers. I'd recognize those anywhere. Believe it or not, I didn't notice the writing!

Norman Dziedzic and Jeff Wroblewski ended up as co-DMs in Cavies...late 80s early 90s, I think. Their names must've given announcers MAJOR fits!

Close, but no cigar. Norm was the DM 85-87, Jeff was Guard Captain 85-86. The announcers notes had their names spelled phonetically.

Man....I miss Crosby's long flowing locks from the 80s!

So does he!

Garry in Vegas

Edited by CrunchyTenor

Rondinaro made jokes about it both years, I believe.

No kidding....but compared to their 86 show, this was definitely a step or three up.

Compared to their 86 show, the third act of "Noises Off" is a step up.

They were not on that night.

Too bad, as that '87 Phantom show is one of my all-time favorites.

SCV from Carrie T.

SCVfromCarrieT2.jpg

Love this photo! Another all-time favorite show of mine. Is this at the end of "Russian Christmas Music"?