some old corps photos

pages.jpg

The Pages of The Wausau Story.

I especially love parade pics from the "old days" when small town main streets were alive with activity and department stores.

Woolworths anyone? lunch counter or booth...where they served your milkshake in a tall glass and gave you the leftover shake in the shiny steel container from the blender.

I especially love parade pics from the "old days" when small town main streets were alive with activity and department stores.

Woolworths anyone? lunch counter or booth...where they served your milkshake in a tall glass and gave you the leftover shake in the shiny steel container from the blender.

Look at what you used to get in the Torchlight Parade:

Potlatch-Totem-Parade-THENW.jpg

I bought my first suit in that St. Clair's Menswear store in this photo!

Look at what you used to get in the Torchlight Parade:

Potlatch-Totem-Parade-THENW.jpg

That's the only pointy hat I want to see with a white robe...

I don't know if many people know that the KKK actually had quite a few drum & bugle corps in the 1930s/1940s.

Once in a while on eBay, someone tries to sell a pic of one of their corps (IIRC it's a parade shot). Know it's historic, know it's a rare pic, but *UGH*.