some old corps photos

Yep, 1972 I believe.

RCC

24111_369034377225_514157225_3489077_199494_n.jpg

I agree this is Blue Rock but it's gotta be way before '72 ... pre DCI at the very least. Look at the lack of hair cutting ... take it from somebody who knows about the various 'Fro styles of the day. I'm going with '69 -'70 at the latest.

Puppet

I agree this is Blue Rock but it's gotta be way before '72 ... pre DCI at the very least. Look at the lack of hair cutting ... take it from somebody who knows about the various 'Fro styles of the day. I'm going with '69 -'70 at the latest.

Puppet

Size of the snare line makes me think '71. Great line!

I marched in BR 71-73. Knowing who marched in the snare line, it was '72. We wore short hair wigs from 71-73 on the field so the judges (some of whom still had didn't care for long-haired kids) wouldn't hold our hair length against us. Our African-American kids with big hair would stuff their hair in a stocking, and tuck it under their shako. If I remember correctly in '71 I know of at least four other corps that did the same thing: Madison, Sac, Muchachos and Bridgemen. In '71 we had 13 'wiggos", in '72 about 22. Initially our staff (in '71) wanted us never to appear as a Blue Rock member (read rehearsal or uniform) without the wig on. That lasted all of two shows. Although we never walked around inside a stadium in uniform without the wigs on!!

RCC