some old corps photos

Here is a great shot from 1967. Boston Crusaders

BAC67.jpg

I second this. Not only a great place to view our history, but to get the real story behind so many things we all just heard about through the years.

Here's to 2000 more pages and more new friends.

Unfortunatly many of the photos in previous pages have been removed for some reason. I wonder if we can get them back? Or the people who posted them could repost?

Unfortunatly many of the photos in previous pages have been removed for some reason. I wonder if we can get them back? Or the people who posted them could repost?

I think many are gone because accounts for the various media-hosting sites that have been used to post photos may have expired or are inactive.

Edited by Northern Thunder

Good ol' Blue Stars, with short sleeves and pith helmets!

I remember getting their their initial First Federal Bank Blue Stars (or something like that) promo in 66 ... I was in the Bpt PAL and impressed ... I thought "This is where dc is going - corporate sponsors and marketing" ... so ... I sent them some $$ to get their newsletter ... that was the last I heard from them ... LOL ... the only time we competed was the VFW Nats in 67 ... we beat them in Prelims and they beat us in Finals when we ran into a "little" problem with the judges and Tony S. ... OH MY!!!

:-)

This is the type of comment picture posters love to see.

"I'm pretty sure that is me"

Your face is now in one of the most revered threads on DCP and drum corps!

Oh! And BTW many of the shots posted here are by not only friends and family and just pure fans but from some of the most famous names in Drum Corp photography ... and let me just grab one out of the archives ... shot at one of the premier venues for Drum Corps, ever and the type of show we will never, ever (if DCI has anything to say about it and that's a darn shame because a preview show like Evening With The Corps could generate soooo much money here in the East!) see again.

Imagine, OMG if you could get a sneak peak and listen to in a concert setting Crown, Phantom, SCV, Cavies and yeah, even Garfield pre season - how much would you pay? :blink:

1970FeltForum.jpg

not the least of whom is Moe Knox

I'm just saying ... :smile:

And I'm not in this shot..

And those were the black plumes we got ruined in the rain like the first show of the season in Chester PA.

Edited by Puppet

Yes, the First Federal Blue Stars (and that's how they were introduced for years).

They had quite a relationship with the bank for some time.

When, I ask you ... when have I ever passed up a chance to post this marvelous guard shot?

BStripletom.jpg

I mean ... c'mon!

I just wish I had a bunch of pics of Anaheim's rifle section from back then, too.

Oh, I'm not in this shot, either.

Edited by Puppet

When, I ask you ... when have I ever passed up a chance to post this marvelous guard shot?

BStripletom.jpg

I mean ... c'mon!

I just wish I had a bunch of pics of Anaheim's rifle section from back then, too.

Oh, I'm not in this shot, either.

Kingsmen rifle line was indeed hot!...there is one photo on the feild when they did a toss that even if you got a microscopic measurement you could not find a flaw. Hard to find in a photo. I don't know where that photo is but if I find it I will post it!

Here is a great shot from 1967. Boston Crusaders

BAC67.jpg

Looks like they were at a hockey arena. Very Cool :-) I'll try to keep my photobucket account active as long as I can. btw I printed the AWGA story for our reunion ;-)