some old corps photos

Sir Thomas More Cadets Braintree, MA

tommymore.jpg

tommymore.jpg

Thanks for posting this beautiful color photo. Brother and sister? There are no photos of my brother and I when we marched in different corps. The one scan I had of Sir Thomas More Cadets Braintree, MA was posted on this DCP thread and was sent to ;-) http://www.optimists-alumni.org/photos/thumbnails.php?album=105

I think the story is something like St. Thomas More was sponsored by a church in Braintree, MA but when the sponsorship was ended they went to Sir Thomas More for a few years.

Dale

Ok - so as good as anything can be from over 40 years ago is this shot from '69 during the "Calliope" section of our Entry Of The Gladiators OTL. Featured: Me on French Horn, Reginald Henry on Mellophone, Joseph Luginsland on French Horn and Hall of Fame lead soprano Jimmy Maldonado.

OTL-Calliope.jpg

What was to follow was (and probably still is!) one of the loudest, most devastating knock your hat off expositions of Euphonium Brass licks that if you were ever in the stands to hear it live you would to this day still be asking yourself how the heck could (and you can't even see them here in this photo - more Carmen and Hy genus at work because it all was slammed at the audience from the outsides of the formation!) only 8 horns sound like that in perfect unison?!?!?!

I loved that OTL.

Ok - so as good as anything can be from over 40 years ago is this shot from '69 during the "Calliope" section of our Entry Of The Gladiators OTL. Featured: Me on French Horn, Reginald Henry on Mellophone, Joseph Luginsland on French Horn and Hall of Fame lead soprano Jimmy Maldonado.

OTL-Calliope.jpg

What was to follow was (and probably still is!) one of the loudest, most devastating knock your hat off expositions of Euphonium Brass licks that if you were ever in the stands to hear it live you would to this day still be asking yourself how the heck could (and you can't even see them here in this photo - more Carmen and Hy genus at work because it all was slammed at the audience from the outsides of the formation!) only 8 horns sound like that in perfect unison?!?!?!

I loved that OTL.

Great pic Puppet ... a lot of people don't realize that Jimmy was the "go to" sop soloist in the Brassmen in addition to Sidemouth ... both came to Sky in 74 along with Ruben ... they (and other Brassmen) were joined by a slew of OLPH guys that joined in 75, propelling them to the 1975 DCA Title ... very good times indeed!

Andy "Rememberin' Brassmen rehearsals on Randalls Island" Lisko

Edited by ajlisko

tommymore.jpg

Great photo Dale. From 1974 ???

• Like 1

Great photo Dale. From 1974 ???

It is. I was home on leave from the military and filled in a spot for them for 2 weeks. That is my then girl friend. I had a great time there. That is where I met Tom Kundruff and Cargo Brennan (staff members) and marched with M.E.M. Devine & Mary Croteau.

Blue Knights (St. Paul, MN)

DCI Prelims 1978

File0073.jpg

Eau Claire, WI (1978)

File0009.jpg

Edited by MadScout80

1980 Madison French Horns after finals

File0099.jpg