some old corps photos

This picture is courtesy of my friend Tom Michalski.

Polish Falcons and Blessed Sac at the ready.

falcons.JPG

If I'm not mistaken, that's probably Maxwell Field in Wildwood from the VFW or AL Jersey States ... and I believe that's a water tower in the background Mr. Norman ... LOL ... probably not there any longer ... and the field has been totally redone ... this is where the Cabs at The Beach show is now held to kick the DCA season off ...

:-)

1982 North Star. I think this is prelims. If it is this may be the last show they ever did.

82nstar.JPG

If I'm not mistaken, that's probably Maxwell Field in Wildwood from the VFW or AL Jersey States ... and I believe that's a water tower in the background Mr. Norman ... LOL ... probably not there any longer ... and the field has been totally redone ... this is where the Cabs at The Beach show is now held to kick the DCA season off ...

:-)

Agree...that was my initial thought when I saw the pic.

Alberta All Girls at the rodeo 1974. This may be the Senior corps but most likely the Junior corps based on the DM and guard. From 1974-1977 both corps had the same uniform. It's hard to tell the difference from a distance :smile:

aag-74-rodeo1.jpg

I always hated playing these kinds of venues, but they were important I think in keeping your corps out there. Who's the person in the Kingsmen jacket?

This picture is courtesy of my friend Tom Michalski.

Polish Falcons and Blessed Sac at the ready.

falcons.JPG

I love these old starting line photos where 2 or three corps are stacked up. It was like an assembly line. Being from the mid-west, I don't think I ever saw the Falcons, but love those uniforms. They really pop. Same color tops and bottoms was pretty rare I think. Milwaukee St. Pats Imperials is the only other corps that I can remember doing that. From the looks of it, they must have been a pretty young group.

I was flying home last week (September 12) on American Airlines and started thumbing though a book in the seat pocket. On page 6 was this picture in an ad for Clark shoes. It's a bugle, kind of beat up, but I recognized it right away as an old school horn.

oldbugle.jpg

Edited by DPEmerald

what model were these baritones please?

Olds Ultratone BU-20.

Very rare left-handed versions, or else the negative was flipped over.

I knew I could count on you. Sending hugs :-) Brenda and I are trying to build a web site and label 675 photos from 72-74. Some of the photos were upside down. More work to do and thank you for your help :-) edit: The photo was from a slide.

73-europe-flipped.jpg

Edited by lindap