some old corps photos

Holy camera angle, Batman!! :tongue:

After scanning these slides, it was the first time I had ever seen all of them since 1974. One box was still unopened.

I too was a little surprised to see these photos taken at a diagonal and wondered what was I thinking. I probably thought it would be cool. Our corps did not travel to DCI that year, my age out year. Me and a friend traveled to Ithaca driving all night and arriving at our hotel about 3 am. The desk clerk informed us that there were no rooms even though we had a reservation. My friend in a fit of anger walked up to the front desk and kicked it as hard as he could. The terrified clerk soon after found us a room. We stayed the next few nights at the dorm at Ithaca College, I think. We were drum corps nuts and loved every aspect of the event. Being from NW Ohio we rarely saw any big time corps and this was my first DCI experience. I have more slides that I will share over the next days and weeks. Although the quality is not so good, they have brought back some great memories for me and hopefully for others. Take the time tonight to dig through your closets. Who knows whats in there. :satisfied:

sc1974a-2.jpg

Edited by baja
  • Like 1

May I ask the good people of the Defenders to make a slight change? I’ve been compiling the history of Seneca Princemen, almost done but we didn’t go to Ithaca in 74. Please change line 34 to Toronto Optimists please :smile: thank you.

I will check tonight but I think I got that from corps reps and it's a PDF.

I know what you mean. On the right is a motor home. I wonder if that is Roman's? Everythime I ever saw him he had one.

Also, the female photographer. Is that Jane Boulan? Ed Ferguson said she was a great photographer but I never met her.

I think that was the beer sponsor RV labatts or O Keefe not sure

I know what you mean. On the right is a motor home. I wonder if that is Roman's? Everythime I ever saw him he had one.

Also, the female photographer. Is that Jane Boulan? Ed Ferguson said she was a great photographer but I never met her.

That's not Jane Boulan - she had straight long hair - very attractive. I never saw her shoot photos in the "east". I think she was strictly a midwest girl?

Another local was Peggy Post. She lived in Boston and shot for DCN. She must have a huge collection of photos. I lost track of her when I moved to NC in 1984.

That's not Jane Boulan - she had straight long hair - very attractive. I never saw her shoot photos in the "east". I think she was strictly a midwest girl?

Another local was Peggy Post. She lived in Boston and shot for DCN. She must have a huge collection of photos. I lost track of her when I moved to NC in 1984.

The female photographer in that photo is Bonnie Santo...daughter of then Garfield Cadets director Dr. Richard Santo.

The female photographer in that photo is Bonnie Santo...daughter of then Garfield Cadets director Dr. Richard Santo.

Again, there isn't anything you can't find on this thread except who stole the SCV flag and the colonel’s secret receipt.

• Like 2

This is the year I saw them at the NT Open. Came in 4 buses. I loved them!

Ithaca, NY 1974 Prelims - Regiment Militaire 18th place

regimentmilitare1974.jpg

For the history of this corps check out the link

http://www.louisianadrumcorps.org/regiment_militaire/index.html