some old corps photos

Ithaca, NY 1974 Prelims - Anaheim Kingsmen - 2nd Place - 86.85

ak1974c.jpg

ak1974cc.jpg

Nice pivot on the photo; totally awesome GE to thee :D from what I've read on this thread Sam and Al marched snare that year; even though our corps didn't go to Ithaca, I know I saw Blue Stars in 74. Thanks lots :) edit: Ron was the soloist during 'So Very Hard to Go' wow

Edited by lindap

'74 Kingsmen - won World Open over Hawthorne, the show with the "auto lawn sprinkler going off" photo with Kiltes on the field.

Kingsmen were a fantastic corps in 74 - two snares - Ralph Hardimon and Tom Float - went on to teach several corps - and with completely different writing and playing styles - their respective lines were always successful :worthy:

'74 Kingsmen - won World Open over Hawthorne, the show with the "auto lawn sprinkler going off" photo with Kiltes on the field.

Kingsmen were a fantastic corps in 74 - two snares - Ralph Hardimon and Tom Float - went on to teach several corps - and with completely different writing and playing styles - their respective lines were always successful :worthy:

and I think Al Murray was another of those snares.

Ithaca, NY 1974 Prelims - Anaheim Kingsmen - 2nd Place - 86.85

ak1974g-1.jpg

And most of us who have gone through this thread more than once have heard it said that Anaheim was possibly the most photogenic Drum Corps or a certain era and that rifle line ... totally kicked it to a new notch!