some old corps photos

Saginaires 1977. Frankenmuth, MI Bavarian Festival Parade.

Saginaires1977fromtheLisaSRcollection10.jpg

WOW GAS AT 59 CENTS. THE GOOD OLE DAYS

Heck, gas was in the 25 cents range when I started driving. Love the VW bus in the picture too.

Not to mention those cool black boots.

Heck, gas was in the 25 cents range when I started driving. Love the VW bus in the picture too.

I had a bus like that once.

I had a bus like that once.

My girlfriend had boots like that once.

twirlingflags1966.jpg

She's in there somewhere. Which reminds me. Was it me or were girls in suspenders kind of a turn on? Our uniforms (even the skirts!) were worn with suspenders and ... well, never mind.

PS (edit) yes, they are twirling those 7 foot pikes!

Edited by Puppet

My girlfriend had boots like that once.

twirlingflags1966.jpg

She's in there somewhere. Which reminds me. Was it me or were girls in suspenders kind of a turn on? Our uniforms (even the skirts!) were worn with suspenders and ... well, never mind.

PS (edit) yes, they are twirling those 7 foot pikes!

We also wore suspenders under our uniforms to hold up our skirts. We carried 7 foot poles with spikes 68-70. I was on rifle I&E winter 70-71 (kept my scoresheet), sabre 71 guarding NP, GC/guard tech 71-72 and was assigned DM April 1972. The DM, GC and rifle captain would often run rehearsals from September until spring when our new M&M/guard instructor would arrive. Our all-girl guard was average height of 5’1” in 72. We cut the poles to 6 feet and added door knobs to the top so that they could spin instead of pole vault. Maybe it was my idea to cut the poles; sorry and Puppet, you may have to sit down for this. Starting winter 76-77, AAG’s winter guard wore jazz slippers. They were one of at least 4 guards that wore them. ‘Put yourself in my shoes’; just sayin’ :wink:

This is from Jo-Anne’s FB. We connected online a few days ago. 1975 Seneca Princemen rifle line, a very fine line, literally. These ladies were great! :bigsmile:

11-1975-jo-anne-mccourt-fb-5.jpg

This photo is for DLMillard of 1975 Alberta All Girls 'B' on parade with DLMillard on snare and Kim as DM. In 1977, DLMillard was on snare with AAG ''A' and Kim was on bass drum.

Merci beaucoup, Linda. You have some incredible pictures. I've been enjoying all the pictures of all the corps in this thread.

These pics are of the Red Knights drum and bell corps from San Leandro, Ca. They were part of the "Royal Family", which also included the Royalaires drum and bugle corps.

And also the "Royal" part of the "Royal Commodores" after the Stockton Commodores merged with the Royal Family (or vice-versa). I know you know this, Russell, but others may not....I always enjoyed the Red Knights (I taught the San Jose Rebels and the Rebel Kadets Bell Corps and saw them a lot).

These pics are of the Red Knights drum and bell corps from San Leandro, Ca. They were part of the "Royal Family", which also included the Royalaires drum and bugle corps.

Boy do I remember lots of those parades.