some old corps photos

I think way back I was signed on to this site. I marched RCSCC Ajax back in 1969-71, then Opti-Knights 71-73, Del in 74 then moved to Anahiem in fall of 74 till January of 75 (corps folded) I have started a site on FB for the Opti-Knights and want to historically share to this site---man it takes about 3 days to sift thru this pictorial section--but time well spent. I have accumulated some Opti-knight pictures that I shall post here and again.Opti-Knights73USopen.jpgThis would have been US Open 1973

Willy,

Thanks SO MUCH for the US Open pic! I vividly remember seeing your corps there that year and loving the unis...

A lot of rain that year :lookaround:

Tympani1972Opti-Knights.jpg

Our Tymp line 1972

I'm glad you gave us the close-up of the corps pin. When I first saw the Tymps, I thought it was a caricature of Ringo Starr.

ringo2.th.png[/img]

Does anyone know what corps this is?

Cover photo from the 2 Jul 1969 DCN. From Duane C.

Coverphotofromthe2Jul1969DCNfromDuaneC.jpg

Looks like Connecticut Classics

"Name That Corps":

I "Believe" it's the old Milford Police Cadets/Shoreliners.

Elphaba

Looks like Connecticut Classics

... or the Milford Shoreliners ... circa 67/68 ...

:-)

Yup, Looks like the Classics. Northeastern Circut Corp. (IMO)

• 2 weeks later...

AAG in a gym this time of year in 74 or 75, no guard photo 'cause there was no room, another photo shows the drum line under the basketball net :) I'm assuming it was loud that day! :smile:

577-flipped.jpg

• Like 1

Alberta All Girls A in Europe 1972. What a beautiful garden! I've photos with no dates and description. Does anyone know where this is? If not, enjoy the photo. Thank you.

058-1.jpg

Hi Linda,

The photo of the corps in the long line in Europe is in Edinburgh's Princes Street Gardens, in Scotland. The Gardens are slap bang in the middle of the city centre and Edinburgh Castle is up out of the photo on the left. The photo of the corps playing in the bandstand is also taken there. My guess is you were heading to the bandstand in the first picture. Hope this sparks some happy memories.