some old corps photos

1973 Falcon Cadets Elizabeth, NJ

5894_1194513505221_3688684_n.jpg

Just noticed this.... Excellent angles all the way around with equipment. :thumbup:

Thanks for the kind words Dave and welcome to Drum Corps Planet dgb_post (bottom of page 2045 lol). I checked corpsreps.com website today and found scores from September 5, 1970 Penn York Championship. http://corpsreps.com/scores.cfm?view=scoreshow&showid=1970241

My corps came in first and your corps came in second. I re-scanned the program covers and pages of the 2 photos I have of Carleton Place Marching Saints. Photos in a program were often older. My corps had the same program photo for 3 years. I had to compress the scans for this forum. Send me a private message if you want me to email you the original megabyte scans. Thanks Dave.

1969 program

IMG_0000-20.jpg

1969 program page Carleton Place Marching Saints

IMG_0002-30.jpg

I googled Carleton Place Marching Saints today and found a link :D The 4th photo from the top is actually Scarborough Firefighters winter guard 1971-1972.

http://forumadcq.xooit.com/t3659-Dans-ce-temps-la.htm

The snare drummer behind us wearing our corps uniform with a shako and plume might be Paul. The 15 year old guard captain with a shako and sabre is me!

x-forumadcq-2.jpg

The year before we got 2 point penalty for marking the floor with our boots. This early 1972 photo shows socks and running shoes = fewer penalties :wink:

I googled Carleton Place Marching Saints today and found a link :D The 4th photo from the top is actually Scarborough Firefighters winter guard 1971-1972.

http://forumadcq.xooit.com/t3659-Dans-ce-temps-la.htm

The snare drummer behind us wearing our corps uniform with a shako and plume might be Paul. The 15 year old guard captain with a shako and sabre is me!

x-forumadcq-2.jpg

The year before we got 2 point penalty for marking the floor with our boots. This early 1972 photo shows socks and running shoes = fewer penalties :wink:

Lots of corps guards as well as the whole corps doing standstill competition in the wintertime had to march on gym floors in socks. Didnt want to scuff up the floor with our shoes

1973 program

IMG_0001-20.jpg

1973 program page Carleton Place Marching Saints :bigsmile:

IMG_0003-30.jpg

[/quote

Don daber cover artist? ]

The soprano in the Seattle Imperials picture marched with Blue Devils 81-83 and was the soloist in Everybody Loves the Blues as well as Pegasus.

You're thinking of Larry Dodd.....close, but this isn't Larry.

The person in this picture (Chris Campbell) marched with Seattle Imperials until he aged out in 1982. Soprano, big hair, yeah....they all look alike :cool:

He worked with teams :smile: from AAG's CD l-r Fred Mark Ralph Bobby Maureen Michael Gary. Sorry about the quality of the photo; it's all I got.

582-flipped.jpg

I would so grow a white man afro if I could... Bobby's is reaching LEGENDARY status here!