some old corps photos

Hi Linda, the stadium is Meadowbank Stadium in Edinburgh, Scotland. It actually hosted the athletics events for both the 1970 and 1986 Commonwealth Games. It is still there, in the east of the city. I remember marching there in 1981 at a marching band competition. One nice-ish stand, the rest, not so.

Thank you. We hosted the Commonwealth Games in 1978 and Summer Universiade 1983 at our stadium. Drum corps and marching bands also performed at Clarke Stadium.

My desire is to visit Edinburgh, Scotland again when I retire. As they say 'it's on my bucket list'. As I say 'it's on my wishlist' semantics :smile:/>

edit: I let the ladies know where they were. Signed, the messenger

Edited by lindap

• 3 weeks later...

Some fabulous high-res photos being posted by Tom Norton over on Facebook, in the 1980's Drum and Bugle Corps group!

Edited by byline

Truly one of my favs from BITD! I remember hearing them in 1974 or 75 when they did an indoor concert in North Tonawanda and played 1812 Overture.

Scarborough Firefighters (loved marching with this corps; my drum corps roots : )

IMG_0006-b-1.jpg

Truly one of my favs from BITD! I remember hearing them in 1974 or 75 when they did an indoor concert in North Tonawanda and played 1812 Overture.

Scarborough Firefighters were a drum corps from 1966 - 1971.

I meant Seneca Princemen. LOL I think of Scarborough and Seneca as one in the same.

Scarborough Firefighters were a drum corps from 1966 - 1971.