some old corps photos

Here's two pics of the Racine Scout color guard. One is the classic Iwo Jima pose at Midwest Color Guard Circuit championships, 1966. The flag had to be held straight to avoid a 2 point penalty. The glasses picture is either from Legion or VFW state in 1967. The scouts drum corps wore both the chrome domes and scout uniforms at different events through 1966, and the color guard wore only the boy scout uniform until it stopped competing as a guard in 1968.

These are from publications, so if I'm violating copyrights, let me know and I'll take them down.

MWCGCChampions_zps26a6e1f5.jpg

RacineScoutsColorGuard_zps2c0c1f40.jpg

Edited by alankarls

Didn't notice you were asking me a question until now. Can you repost and include the pic, my comment is from more than two years ago and I don't know what pic you are talking about, other than it may be Optimists or Ambassadors.

Regards,

John

John, thanks for the note. It was a picture of the Canadian Commanders on the starting line. Actually, I was mixed up. I thought they might be the Marching Ambassadors. I'd like to find a picture of the Marching Ambassadors from 1961.

Al

John, thanks for the note. It was a picture of the Canadian Commanders on the starting line. Actually, I was mixed up. I thought they might be the Marching Ambassadors. I'd like to find a picture of the Marching Ambassadors from 1961.

Al

try the Optimist Alumni website http://www.optimists-alumni.org/ there's lots of pics of other corps

Regards,

John

Edited by sarnia sam

BTW....The uniform looks way different than PR's version. Look at the black striping and it looks similar to Seneca Princman's/Optimists version.

I know this is a few pages back but to clear up the Etobicoke Crusaders unis being the same ones warn by PR. They were in no way related. Etobicoke's uniforms were previously the unis of the St. Catharine's Chessman. Yikes...I am so aging myself here.

The style of uni was similar to the Princemen and Seneca Optimist style.

I know this is a few pages back but to clear up the Etobicoke Crusaders unis being the same ones warn by PR. They were in no way related. Etobicoke's uniforms were previously the unis of the St. Catharine's Chessman. Yikes...I am so aging myself here.

• 2 weeks later...

1971 Sparkies from a promotional brochure I scanned some time ago

zz-71-my-jr-1_zpsecfd14eb.jpg

A photo recently found of the 1971 Sparkies. Thank you Chris! It was an honour to be a part-time staff member for the 1971 Sparkies.

zz-71-sparkies-fb-chris-maybe_zps91fea01b.jpg

1971 Sparkies from a promotional brochure I scanned some time ago

zz-71-my-jr-1_zpsecfd14eb.jpg

A photo recently found of the 1971 Sparkies. Thank you Chris! It was an honour to be a part-time staff member for the 1971 Sparkies.

zz-71-sparkies-fb-chris-maybe_zps91fea01b.jpg

What a difference a color photo makes. Nice job Linda!