some old corps photos

well, today, they are bands.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

well, today, they are bands.

Alberta All Girls Drum and Bugle Band were founded in 1970 and named as such for marketing purposes. The word 'band' was more universal than 'corps' at the time. AAG drum corps (played G bugles or Getzen III and Slingerland or Ludwig drums) were under the umbrella of a not-for-profit organization called Alberta Girls Showcase Society. It allowed us to perform drum corps (1970-1979), winter guard (1976-1988) or stage (1991-2004).

editted for spelling; my apologies to you

Edited by lindap

Really liked Ambassadors (Newmarket, ONT) in 1981. I thought that the corps would start to rise....and then they disappeared.

Alberta All Girls Drum and Bugle Band were founded in 1970 and named as such for marketing purposes. The word 'band' was more universal than 'corps' at the time. AAG drum corps (played G bugles or Getzen III and Slingerland or Ludwig drums) were under the umbrella of a not-for-profit organization called Alberta Girls Showcase Society. It allowed us to perform drum corps (1970-1979), winter guard (1976-1988) or stage (1991-2004).

editted for spelling; my apologies to you

Scout House was touted as a Bugle Band in the 50's and 60's, using Bb horns and competing favorably against Canadian and US corps ... never remember any controversy about their instrumenation ... utilized verticle carried bells at the time also ...

Being involved with AAG must have been a facinating part of your life, Linda ... how many years was Bobby Hoffman involved? ... that must have been some trip (literally) ... I remember him well from our Skyliner days together in the early 70's ...

Andy

Edited by ajlisko

Scout House was touted as a Bugle Band in the 50's and 60's, using Bb horns and competing favorably against Canadian and US corps ... never remember any controversy about their instrumenation ... utilized verticle carried bells at the time also ...

Being involved with AAG must have been a facinating part of your life, Linda ... how many years was Bobby Hoffman involved? ... that must have been some trip (literally) ... I remember him well from our Skyliner days together in the early 70's ...

Andy

I’ve been involved with AAG from October 1976 to present and enjoy Scout House. East meets west : )

Bobby worked with AAG as drill writer spring of 1974. There’s a photo of him in this thread, post #20351 at the Lilac Festival parade. A few years ago, the ladies reminisced kindly of Bobby during a meeting to start an alumni parade corps. We had 4 snare drummers around the table and needed 8, so no go. I never met Bobby but remember seeing Bridgemen 1976 and 1979 and liked what I saw and heard alot.

1974 Alberta All Girls at World Cup Soccer, a snip from a VHS video produced by the National Film Board and transferred to DVD. Bobby wrote the drill. Michael Duffy and Ralph Hardimon were the traveling instructors for the one week trip. The ladies also went to Ithaca in 1974 but that’s another story.

74-aag1_zps4bc6d376.png