some old corps photos

There are still a couple of pictures that have not been figured out yet. Who is that baritone player and what stadium is that. Surely someone on this board must have done nationals in that pretty famous stadium.

That pretty famous stadium, which no longer exists, was named the same as a parade which no longer exists.

That pretty famous stadium had rather porous security. Although I held a valid staff pass, I waltzed into prelims several times using a variety of ruses. I even got in by flashing my library card !

Edited by HornsUp

That pretty famous stadium, which no longer exists, was named the same as a parade which no longer exists.

That pretty famous stadium had rather porous security. Although I held a valid staff pass, I waltzed into prelims several times using a variety of ruses. I even got in by flashing my library card !

Kenny Norman, weren't you on staff with Pioneer that year?! Maybe they knew you. Still, no one has named the stadium. Anyone...Bueller...Bueller....??!!!

Edited by BigDale

Maybe they knew you.

The gates were not manned by DCI vols. They were stadium employees.

I found the elevator, and rode it up to the press box. I stepped off, and found myself right next to the security staff meeting. So I just stood there, pretending I was one of Them, nodding approval as the instructions were given.

Then when the meeting was over, I settled into a vacant seat to watch me some prelims.

When the Troopers came on, I relinquished that seat to its rightful owner, who had a daughter marching.

His name was Don Pesceone.

• Like 1

What stadium is this?

945116_509371162466741_1734403342_n.jpg

I don't know... but the guy third from the left looks like he might be Willy Wonka. :tongue:

• Like 1

When the Troopers came on, I relinquished that seat to its rightful owner, who had a daughter marching.

His name was Don Pesceone.

Marching with the Troopers was a no brainer since, as a judge, he always loved the corps.

I don't know... but the guy third from the left looks like he might be Willy Wonka. :tongue:/>

Is that the Orange Bowl?

• Like 1