some old corps photos

• 1 month later...

Bump.....can't let this topic slip to page 2.

• 2 weeks later...

I flew from Alberta to Toronto and flew down to Miami in 1983, met my friends from AB and we watched finals. Took photos with an instamatic, no flash, 12 per camera, maybe the first disposable camera. I can't remember. It was 30 years ago! I finally found all 11 photos in an album again, tonight. When a person ages, they forget little stuff and remember big stuff. Here's 1 of the 11 scanned basic, basic with auto correct, scanned high resolution and high with auto correct. I'll try to post the remaining 10 time permitted. When a person ages, time flies by until they meet young people. Then time stands still and young people say time flies by.

As an aside, a few of us went to Indy 2013. Most had attended finals in 2010 except 1. The last time she saw a drum corps show was 1974. She was impressed with finals 2013.

edit: i'm not wordy lol

Edited by lindap

high resolution scan

z-3_zps54965329.jpg

high resolution scan with auto correct

z-4_zpsb9de7f12.jpg

As an aside I had to remove some tags. I'll try to keep up with computer technology or maybe stop and smell the roses :smile:

edit: it was recently brought to my attention that this photo is of 1983 Scouts' opening set. Happy Anniversary Madison Scouts!

Edited by lindap

4 more corps of the 11 photos I took with a yucky-no-flash camera at DCI finals 1983. There are 3 reasons why I post this way:

• I'm extremely busy October-December 2013
  • to login photobucket and see if it still works
  • to invite others to post their old drum corps photos

The 4th reason is if I can on DCP's forum upgrade without a preview post button (wink )

high resolution scan (on an old photo with URL tags removed and the preview post button appeared (blink ) )

IMG_0011-a_zpsc0b438f7.jpg

high resolution scan with auto correct (with IMG tags only, crossing fingers and hoping this works : )

IMG_0011-b-cadets_zps85580aa3.jpg

4 more corps of the 11 photos I took with a yucky-no-flash camera at DCI finals 1983. There are 3 reasons why I post this way:

• I'm extremely busy October-December 2013
  • to login photobucket and see if it still works
  • to invite others to post their old drum corps photos

The 4th reason is if I can on DCP's forum upgrade without a preview post button (wink )

high resolution scan (on an old photo with URL tags removed and the preview post button appeared (blink ) )

Linda I read what you wrote but have no idea what you said. :tounge2: Thanks for continuing to post photos to this thread! And just for that I am reposting a favorite photo.

IMG_0005-5.jpg

• Like 1