some old corps photos

1012738_221738851333564_1638031578_n.jpg

What corps is this?

Urgh....someone posted this in a FB group and now I can't find it.

Boron Oil was primarily an Ohio company, I think...but this isn't 'Coats. Someone more familiar with Ohio-are corps of the 70s or early 80s (p/r brass here), might have a better idea.

Urgh....someone posted this in a FB group and now I can't find it.

Boron Oil was primarily an Ohio company, I think...but this isn't 'Coats. Someone more familiar with Ohio-are corps of the 70s or early 80s (p/r brass here), might have a better idea.

We had Boron in Western PA too, but no one recognizes the corps.

Standard Oil was called Sohio in Ohio not Boron. So this is probably not in Ohio. Judging by the attire, tams, pastel colors and the collars I would guess it is a Canadian group of some sort. But I would doubt it is drum corps as several people are out of step. Notice the white sleeves on the left side and triangular emblem. Some mothers did a lot of sewing to make these uni's... the good ole days!

Edited by baja

Standard Oil was called Sohio in Ohio not Boron. So this is probably not in Ohio. Judging by the attire, tams, pastel colors and the collars I would guess it is a Canadian group of some sort. But I would doubt it is drum corps as several people are out of step.

So drum corps people never get out of step?? BS...there's phasing going on, but I don't see anyone on the right foot when everyone else of on the left. Plus there's a contra in the back, and I don't think any marching bands used marching tubas at that time. Plus, some of the hand positions on the smaller horns ae DEFINITELY for a P/R horn. Check the guy in the white shirt and the one with the pole for the Boron sign coming out of his head.

So drum corps people never get out of step?? BS...there's phasing going on, but I don't see anyone on the right foot when everyone else of on the left. Plus there's a contra in the back, and I don't think any marching bands used marching tubas at that time. Plus, some of the hand positions on the smaller horns ae DEFINITELY for a P/R horn. Check the guy in the white shirt and the one with the pole for the Boron sign coming out of his head.

Just commenting on the tuba part...there were convertible tubas starting in the mid-70's that were used by marching bands. Two of the bands I taught used them...76-78. They were pretty lousy, but they did make the band more "corps-like".

This particular pic? I agree on the hand posiion comment...it look like a corps brass.

Just commenting on the tuba part...there were convertible tubas starting in the mid-70's that were used by marching bands. Two of the bands I taught used them...76-78. They were pretty lousy, but they did make the band more "corps-like".

This particular pic? I agree on the hand posiion comment...it look like a corps brass.

Agree as check the Bari(?) held by the person with the white shirt, Looks like piston/rotor hand positions.