some old corps photos

• 10 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 7 months later...
On 8/20/2016 at 7:38 AM, Northern Thunder said:

Cadets La Salle were great! Their soprano soloist, Jean LeBlanc was one of the best in the early 70s.

He did a fine job on their 72 opener, One Fine Morning!

A bit of trivia about One Fine Morning......it made it to the top 25 on the charts in 71 (by the Canadian rock group Lighthouse), and it was written by Lighthouse's drummer Skip Prokop, who was a drummer for the Toronto Optimists Drum & Bugle Corps.

I only saw Cadets once, at the 1972 World Open finals... and I agree, they were a terrific corps that year.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/26/2017 at 12:03 AM, lindap said:

Removed. Double post. lol

btw I really do like Monty Python. It was and is an escape from the everyday as was drum corps and winter guard.

In 1975 three of my friends and I walked into a a local cinema thinking we were about to watch a serious, historically based movie about the search for the Holy Grail but, as you may have already guessed, we had in fact walked in on Monty Python and the Holy Grail having no clue as to who Monty Python was and what we were about to experience. We arrived late, just after the opening credits, so my first visual was that of what I took to be an English Knight riding a horse but......what? Fast forward 43 years and my four Brothers and I, along with a few hundred other die-hard MP fans, had the privilege of taking in a night with John Cleese this time at a local auditorium. The night started with Mr. Cleese showing the movie which was then followed by a discussion of it's making along with a few anecdotes on his experiences being a member of MP. 

Edited by Bsader
  • Like 1