some old corps photos

Wow, I thought the original was pretty darned good, but this retouched version is amazing! :worthy:

BTW, I hope I'm understanding your husband's question, but the gal from Santa Clara who is posting the fuzzy photos doesn't have a scanner. The way she explained it, she's taking pictures of them, I assume with her digital camera, and then posting them here. That's why they're so blurred. I tried working with one of her photos, using my very limited enhancement software, and I couldn't see any noticeable improvement. That's why I'm hoping that someone else, who has more sophisticated software than I do, can sharpen up those photos.

I'll tell my hubby, he is a wizard at that photo shop...it sure has helped with the website. :) :)

Oh I forgot to ask him last night, I'll ask him to try again tonight. :)

:worthy: WOW...What a beautie!!!!!!!! B)

Between you and I, she still is....

She sure is nice, that I know......and she's got a little bit of Kingsmen in her background as well. AND she's gonna register at http://www.xkingsmen.com as a welcome sister alumnus.

The strong traditional ties between The Kingsmen of Southern California and The Vanguard to the north live on to this day.

And Mike and I are glad to help that tradition continue.

RON HOUSLEY

"SCV played one of

my charts at their 72 Spring

Concert at Santa Clara Mission.

Gail Royer conducted it....how

cool is that! I'm still stoked,

honored and humbled."

Edited by ffernbus3

freelancers_hardCell.jpg

I posted this in the Freelancers topic, but I think it fits here just as well.

1991 Freelancers, I don't know where it was taken.

The front sopranos are (from right to left) Todd Hudson (horn sergeant in '93), myself, Justin Daniels, Dutch (a real Dutch guy from Holland with a huge Dutch name--so we just called him Dutch), Ed Willis (soprano section leader and age out in '91), and Greg Cowley (always in a good mood--so un-Freelancers).

If we were 'at ease', what the #### is the battery doing?

91freelancerssnares1.jpg

This is a pic of the 1991 Freelancers snare line before a show.

Left of center is Paul Vasquez (center snare) currently playing with River City Regiment, and going to the right: Mike Heustis (Rollick--now a band director in Utah, I think), and Paul Marr (Ghost--now a snare tech with the renegades and formerly of RCR). I can't remeber the rest of the guys' names except for the end snare on the right, Kevin, who used to love to antagonize the Scouts when we saw them.

(Quote Ms. Bus Driver:) "....Nope, as you can see in the picture, I drove Bus 1 . Linda drove Bus 2.

But come to think about it, that could be '91. I'm old, so I forget... (Unquote)

Maggie, Linda was the woman I asked you about whom I met up in Arnold at Klein's Fitness Center a few years ago, right? I think she was a bus driver and I think her name was Linda.

RON HOUSLEY

"Ms. Bus Driver, I misunderstood, did you say Halloween or did you say Hollywood..." -Old Delbert McClinton lyric

Hi Ron.

I never did play in Los Hooligans. That's Randy (Skajerk).

Are still with the Ferns? haha.

Hi Ron.

I never did play in Los Hooligans. That's Randy (Skajerk).

Are still with the Ferns? haha.

I knew that. :worthy: I just bought a couple of their CDs from Amazon.com: "Mafioso Ska" and "Traditions."

Yeah, I still have to manage the store for The Fresno Ferns. They know too much and are holding my feet real close to the fire, as it were.

RON HOUSLEY

Edited by ffernbus3