some old corps photos

playing on vistalite drums!  Remember those things?  :rolleyes:

Actually....those were the one and only Slingerland TDR-100's. A 3/4" thick plexiglass shell. The drums weighed a ton. The TDR never came in colored lexan like the Ludwig Vistalite's did. In fact, we did get opaque black Vistalites in 1975. Those Ludwig's became so popular.

I think Santa Clara was the only corps to remain loyal to Slingerland throughout the 1970's, and helped them develop the cut-a-way toms in 1977. SCV did go to Ludwig in 1981 I think with their brass colored battery equipment.

That's 1973. Gary Covitz, Kevin Shanley, Tim Lanigan, Ralph Ciano on snare. In the background left - Michael Dustin on double tenors, on the right, Jack Cash on 23" timp, Dave DiTomasso on 29" timp.

Dave D. looks like your twin in this? Are you sure? :rolleyes: I know you have a much better memory than I do!

I didn't know Dave marched in 73, wow, was he the only DiTomasso that year? That looks just like you!! It's strange how uniforms can do that.

I have some pics from 73 drumline, I'll have to post them.

My old beau Bobby McCafferty made the snare line in 71 or 72 but left the corps. He was using these snares at practice in the winter and said they were so heavy.....

Edited by LancerFi

With personal thanks and great appreciation to George Fennell, webmaster of the Kilties alumni website, former Kiltie, and fellow all-around old school/historic drum corps fanatic, I humbly bring forth some SERIOUSLY OLD corps photos - how does the year 1936 sound?

1936_kilties_rjt_5-5-04001-675x651.jpg

And 1945:

1945_kilties2-795x374.jpg

Edited by RobH

There are a couple of very well known people in the drum corps world in this, the Original Trick Flag Line of 2-7.

Tricks1972.jpg

I know of course that LancerLegend, drmr27, Malibu, LancerLady, That70sLancer and many others will know most of them, however to non-Lancer people, was anyone taught by one or more of these people?

These ladies began something that is still seen today on the field, these are the first, and these are the originals! :rolleyes:

Good luck on this drum corps quiz!

27-1980 Push in Danny Boy

5c_1_b.jpg

Oh wait, let me make the above bigger!

I'm not sure if this exact photo actually showing the drumline has been posted yet. So often drumlines are forgotten in pictures of the drum solo. This is 1979

DrumSolo1979.jpg

There are a couple of very well known people in the drum corps world in this, the Original Trick Flag Line of 2-7. 

Tricks1972.jpg

I know of course that LancerLegend, drmr27, Malibu, LancerLady, That70sLancer and many others will know most of them, however to non-Lancer people, was anyone taught by one or more of these people?

These ladies began something that is still seen today on the field, these are the first, and these are the originals!  :rolleyes:

Good luck on this drum corps quiz!

How about some photo's of the First 27 Rifle Line

and The Color Guard Capt.