some old corps photos

Pg. 64. I KNEW that was 67 Santa Clara!

Back in the day when Santa Clara was the "little brother and sister corps" of The Anaheim Kingsmen...this is how they looked at Univ. Of The Pacific on one of their earliest "coming out parties." A bunch of us Kingsmen crammed into my little 66 Opal to drive halfway up California to see them there......or so I was told: I kinda remember driving?

RON HOUSLEY

Edited by ffernbus3

There are a couple of very well known people in the drum corps world in this, the Original Trick Flag Line of 2-7. 

Tricks1972.jpg

These ladies began something that is still seen today on the field, these are the first, and these are the originals!  :rolleyes:

Good luck on this drum corps quiz!

Nancy, thos are some bad ### look'n women. I'd go into any fight with them as long as I had them watching my back.

Santa Clara Vanguard 1977

77scvmoretymps-74.jpg

J.W. Koester, as I live and breath. Anyone recognize that name? He is the one closest to us.( with the glasses).

As it always does, Nancy!

At least I now know what LancerLegend looks like!

This is not a very good photo of any of these 3 men.

If I may say so myself, LancerLegend looks just as good if not better now!!

stepover.jpg

One of the classic moments in early 80s Drum Corps history, the 1981 Cavaliers "stepover" move - just a moment or two before the two-count pause that gets the crowd screaming. In the middle of the snareline, the jagoff with the interval problem on the right (lol) is yours truly. In the bass line behind me is Uncle Z. Ask him about what kind of pictures he had taped inside of his bass drum.

Dang, we had fun that year, in spite of second season score slide against Garfield, of all people..... :P

Edited by mobrien