some old corps photos

I would swear that is 77 - with Vinny "Star" Barry up front - and it looks like Jimmy Paradise in back. It also looks like Russ McKinnon on the bongo/timbali set - but the flags that the rifle has - that is not 77, and it positively is not 79 - "Star" had aged out. Case closed - it must be 78 Allentown.

As for the "stain" - its on the picture. Look below the rifle's left elbow - there is another spot that is similar.

It's like one of those "happy spots" after sex....you guys know what I mean! Post-Playtime-kind-o-pic!!!!

....Oops....was that my outside voice? Uh-oh! :doh::doh::doh: :P

Guardsmen 78

schomburg78.jpg

well now... how GREAT to find a new picture with ME in it! I'm the snare drummer standing on the "5" ... next to the big snare drummer on the 50.

I'm pretty sure he was telling me I ticked on something right about there... just to let me know... :doh: It's obvious me and the guy on my right arm there are having a bit of a "space" disagreement. That was before you were a "dot" in a book.

Thanks for posting that picture DPE!! I look forward to anymore you might come across of late '70's Guardsmen or early '80's Madison ('82 specifically!) ...

Edited by GGarrett

Lancers 78 I think.

lancers76.JPG

The two cymbal players on the right side of the photo are non other than George Bonfiglio Jr. and

Chris Perry, original founding members of the SPACELINE b**bs

LancerLegend created those monsters into one of the best bass drum lines ever to grace God's green earth.

Edited by john2780

I would swear that is 77 - with Vinny "Star" Barry up front - and it looks like Jimmy Paradise in back. It also looks like Russ McKinnon on the bongo/timbali set - but the flags that the rifle has - that is not 77, and it positively is not 79 - "Star" had aged out. Case closed - it must be 78 Allentown.

As for the "stain" - its on the picture. Look below the rifle's left elbow - there is another spot that is similar.

I don't remember those rifle flags from anytime at all. Russ McKinnon? Don't see him. (Later became Tower of Power drummer). Didn't Russ march one year - 1977? I'll trust LancerLegend though. Must be a pre Pompom shot from DCI East.

well now... how GREAT to find a new picture with ME in it! I'm the snare drummer standing on the "5" ... next to the big snare drummer on the 50.

I'm pretty sure he was telling me I ticked on something right about there... just to let me know... :doh: It's obvious me and the guy on my right arm there are having a bit of a "space" disagreement. That was before you were a "dot" in a book.

Thanks for posting that picture DPE!! I look forward to anymore you might come across of late '70's Guardsmen or early '80's Madison ('82 specifically!) ...

That's Jim Brockrogge, right? "The Rock?" he was our co-caption head, along with Jim Dittrich, in 84 and 85. A sweetheart.

The two cymbal players on the right side of the photo are non other than George Bonfiglio Jr. and

Chris Perry, original founding members of the SPACELINE b**bs

LancerLegend created those monsters into one of the best bass drum lines ever to grace God's green earth.

And where might one who has been on the moon hear an example of said SPACELINE?

Oh by the by, for what it's worth, and I swear not to start anything or open old wounds, but I did a compare and contrast on '80...we'll talk. :wub:

I don't remember those rifle flags from anytime at all. Russ McKinnon? Don't see him. (Later became Tower of Power drummer). Didn't Russ march one year - 1977? I'll trust LancerLegend though. Must be a pre Pompom shot from DCI East.

I think it is 78 Allentown. If so, this is during the beginning of Celebrate (which replaced the ever popular: "Because i Think the World of You").

And where might one who has been on the moon hear an example of said SPACELINE?

I would check out the 1981 concert niner-two and listen closely for some of the drags they play split amoungst the drums. I still laugh when I hear it.

Oh by the by, for what it's worth, and I swear not to start anything or open old wounds, but I did a compare and contrast on '80...we'll talk. :wub:

No wounds...... History is still history or is is it herstory :wub:

Edited by john2780

tansearocks1lp.jpg

wonder what year this is ;)

The Boys, 82. Slaughter. (Hi, Geno)

Slide6.jpg

The Knights and their pathetic, worthy-of -an-18-point-drop-overnight performance at Whitewater 82. The day that killed the corps.

Slide7.jpg

Arbella 82. Co-ed for the first time.

Slide8.jpg