some old corps photos

opps

Edited by RobertPi1ot

Here is one for byline and sarnia sam.... on a rare day off.

Sad to say, I don't recognize a single soul in this picture . . . though the photo is so blurry, it's hard to tell, anyway. I even tried running it through some enhancement tools and lightening/sharpening it up a bit, but still couldn't really make out the faces. The gal second from the left looks like another Sue in the guard (seems to me she did double-duty that year as a field commander/guard staff member), can't remember her last name. (One of many things I can't remember; I'm doing well just to remember first names these days.) :blink:

Where are the moderators?  I wanna know what they think of this thread.

Why not pm them and ask? They don't bite! :)

Great Pic of the late CJ. Whitewater 1978

a classic Madison Scouts photo!

Untitled-14.jpg

Edited by RobertPi1ot

Where are the moderators?  I wanna know what they think of this thread.

apoch003, are you asking because of all the space it takes up or for another reason? Just wondering....

I have a beautiful up close picture picture of Mr. Alleyne.  Is that who you're talking about, your DM?

Joel was Oakland's drum major in '75 and '76 (and he may have been DM for Del before that; I can't recall). Then in '77 and '78, he was a member of the horn staff. In '79 and '80, he was the corps director. His sister marched flag at least in '78 (she may have marched before that, too; it's just that '78 was my first year to march Oakland), and his mother helped with the corps all three years I marched.

Is this the photo of Joel you're talking about? It's from the '77 DCI yearbook (of the '76 season), and is scanned and posted to the Del/Oakland alumn site:

1976%2005.jpg

Speaking of historic photos, there are loads of them in this gallery on the Del/Oakland site. The black-and-whites are scanned from DCI yearbooks; the color shots are those of Oakland my dad took at the same contests I posted other corps' photos for earlier in this thread. Unfortunately, for the Oakland batch, I did this using our old monitor and didn't realize at the time that the brightness was fading fast, so I overcompensated for the gamma/brightness when I adjusted these photos to look correct on my screen. Imagine my shock when we got our new monitor, and I saw how washed-out they looked, like they'd been overexposed. Somebody needs to Photoshop those pictures. I tried adjusting them and resending them after we got our new monitor, but it looks like they used mostly the first batch I sent. Though in a few cases, they did add scans from the second batch; that's why there are duplicates of some photos. Oh, well. Sorry 'bout that!